Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Building my own bar

make sure the glass is removable so you can change the cards underneath in case someday you decide you don't want to drink on a bar with baseball cards on it.

(just a friendly suggestion).

I know that things I previously thought were cool, I would've felt lame having later on. like if I would've built a bar in college, I'd probably have put my black light Jim Morrison poster on it. and of course, years later when I moved into a class pad in Chicago, I would've felt kinda silly having something like that.

Oh yea its going to be removable. Actually not even going to screw it in, just set it in and put the molding in around it. I figure I could always put other things under the glass if I needed to.

Only 1 flat screen, the room I have it in isnt that big. Couple bar stools, nice leather chair, and another chair. Oh and a foosball table, plus lots of memorabilia

sounds like a solid setup. hope you don't get too drunk and destroy everything after your first party, lol

I thought it had more hops and such because they helped preserve it over the long voyage to India. it definitely has a stronger taste than regular ales or other beers.

This is correct champ. Back when sailing around the tip of Africa was the quickest route to India, they added more hops as a preservative to prevent the beer from spoiling. Thus bringing about one of my favorite styles...

This is correct champ. Back when sailing around the tip of Africa was the quickest route to India, they added more hops as a preservative to prevent the beer from spoiling. Thus bringing about one of my favorite styles...

So more as opposed to less.

Either way I don't like it very much.

I guess I'll just have to drink as much regular beer as I can before it has to be "hopped up" for that long voyage.

So more as opposed to less.

Either way I don't like it very much.

I guess I'll just have to drink as much regular beer as I can before it has to be "hopped up" for that long voyage.

I don't think that's a concern in this day and age, tinsel, however, discretion is the better part of valor.

Oh...also...keep up the good work zoom. Drinking at a bar in your own home is great, even better when it's a (well-made) homemade one!

BAR IS DONE

522108_10100142222013147_1371736748_n.jpg

530098_10100142219348487_656761829_n.jpg

424711_10100142223090987_1711571109_n.jpg

293248_10100142227367417_1465026658_n.jpg

solid piece of work, man.

I would take a drink right now... white russian.

Thanks it took me and my dad about a month to do. And White Russians are my favorite and my specialty.

Thanks it took me and my dad about a month to do. And White Russians are my favorite and my specialty.

The cards under glass are a nice touch. Hit me up with two shots of Patron an get this party started.

Back