Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bush wishes his name wasn't attached to tax cuts

The Laffer Curve does not solely claim that "tax cuts raise revenue." Its main point is that there is a marginal point of taxation that will collect the most revenue, and it is not always the same point. Circumstances can dictate that that marginal point could be anywhere along the curve, from a zero-percent rate to a 100-percent rate or anywhere in between.

no doubt revenue skyrocketed after the tax cuts...however, the politicians couldn't help themselves from spending the money and then some

I can't wait for this zero tax utopia with crumbling infrastructure, poorly armed state militias, poverty, and skyrocketing crime rate. Government has become too big but a zero percent income tax is Tim McVeigh territory. I thought we discussed this already or are you having another senior moment.

I can't wait for this zero tax utopia with crumbling infrastructure, poorly armed state militias, poverty, and skyrocketing crime rate. Government has become too big but a zero percent income tax is Tim McVeigh territory. I thought we discussed this already or are you having another senior moment.

we need to go back to the 2008 budget...there is no reason we have to spend over 1 trillion more dollars today then just 4 years ago

the economy was in a recession when Bush took over... 911 cost 1 trillion to this country....

I dont believe its a conservative principle to give money to people who cant pay it back....that only happens when your forced to give loans to people not worthy, ie. a liberal utopia

No. It was not in recession until after Bush took over.

http://cber.uky.edu/Downloads/Waller02.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2000s_recession

9/11 hurt us, but don't try to put the cart before the horse.

gotta say though Dub Jr has kept his word about critiquing other sitting POTUS since he has been out of office....

Last edited:

A lot of people older than me think that many people don't pay enough income tax. And it's not a "zero tax" utopia. It's "zero income tax."

Back