Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Butthurt buckeyes

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
The Michigan football team blew up its seven-game losing streak to Ohio State.

Then, it celebrated with a "grenade" routine at midfield, in which quarterback Denard Robinson threw the football in the air like a grenade. When it hit the ground, players dropped to the turf in unison.

The route was cathartic for the No. 17 Wolverines (10-2, 6-2), who won 40-34 to end the run of futility against the rival Buckeyes.

Those Buckeyes weren't as good-natured about it, though.

"I lost so much respect for Michigan after they won n threw the ball in the air acting like it was a grenade," tweeted Buckeyes fullback Zach Boren. "To take it to that level of disrespect is just so uncalled for. Act like you have won before."

Boren is the younger brother of former Ohio State offensive lineman Justin Boren, who transferred from Michigan to the Buckeyes following Lloyd Carr's retirement after the 2007 season and was critical of the Rich Rodriguez regime.

Of course, no current Michigan player had beaten Ohio State before. Seniors were 0-3 and had been outscored 100-24 in the rivalry.

Added Ohio State tight end Jeff Heuerman: "Karma is gonna be a (expletive) for that little 'celebration' at the end."

Players said the controversial celebration -- you can catch a piece of it at the 34-minute mark of this YouTube video -- is something they have done after each Friday practice this year. Coach Brady Hoke said he was fine with his team celebrating their win that way.

"I don

did a guy on a 6-6 team just call Michigan "scrubs"?

Take it easy on the kids from Ohio, they're just a little stressed out this holiday season because their main revenue stream has been cut off by the NCAA

posted tge boren comment in different thread

they just were butthurt but should have not said snything-not disciplined teamp

smitdog67 said:
Take it easy on the kids from Ohio, they're just a little stressed out this holiday season because their main revenue stream has been cut off by the NCAA

Well done sir!!! That is flippin' hilarious...

Poor losers. Unbelievable! The Team was celebrating on THEIR OWN FIELD! And why were those few bucknuts still on the field to see the celebration? They should have gone to their own lockerroom, the game was over. If you don't want to watch the other team enjoy their win, then go home. There was no "in your face" taunting there. Just the Team celebrating the win and the end of a great season. Nothing wrong with that. What did bucknuts expect? Should the Team have just down played the great season that they just completed with a win over their archrival ? Should they have been walking around the field sad and crying? I mean what a bunch of fuckin control freaks to try to tell another team that they shouldn't celebrate after a win and great season when they are on there OWN FIELD! Sorry bucknuts, Michigan aint gonna join your pity party. You deserve what you are gonna get from the NCAA. Go home and shut up. Whiny poor losers!

Yep, they showed on mgoblog, Zach Boren celebrating the victory 2 years ago in AA, doing some stupid O thing with his hands, taunting the crowd

and we all know about Justin

This is just sour grapes from a classless bunch.

If you don't want to watch the other team celebrate, win.

The Boren family can go fuck itself all the way back home to Ohio*

Fucking pussy whiners ... the whole family of them.

Justin gets called out for laughing at a teammate who was being criticized by coaches, runs off the field in tears and shows up with his Daddy at a press conference to decry the "lack of family values" at Michigan?!

Seriously?!

Fucking pussies.

I love how Roby wrote, "I will never lose to those scrubs again" - There's no 'I' in team, last I checked. Glad what we've been hearing all year from the Maize and Blue is all about The Team, The Team, The Team.

Back