Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Byron Wesley

gotime909

I see that we are listed as one of the teams in the running for him. Leading scoring for USC last year and can play right away. Wouldn't be a bad thing to add another proven scorer to the team no matter what position he plays. Looks to me he's a combo guard? 6'5" averaged 17.8 pts 6.4 rebs 2.3 ast. Looks like he gets to the line at a decent rate and shoots .713 from it.

I've seen OSU, Indiana and Michigan are also interested.

Anyone have any better info on this...Johnny or sbee?

I read about this on another board this morning and saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksWglDajYTw

he's played a lot of basketball, plenty of experience. looks like he's a volume shooter from the outside, 33%. I like the idea of a guard getting 6+ boards per game.

the real question is how much better would he make us? he was the guy that scored a lot of points on a bad team, averaged 35 minutes and 14 shots, 17pts, not terrible but not an efficient score, but again, he may have been the focus of the defense, drew the better defender, etc.

I would be ok with getting him for a year if he could buy in and play defense, part of me would rather just give the minutes and shots to Ellis and Bess. nobody is talking about us as FF/NC type team next year, we might be better off trying to develop one of the young guys.

on mlive today his dad named a top 3, MSU, Pitt, and Gonzaga with the zags being the leader for now. he plans to finish school and take official visits to each of them.

Back