Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

C. J. Wilson to the Yankees

tomdalton22 said:
Well, it will price the Tigers out of the race.
I wouldn't count the Tigers out of anything on account of finances. Mr. I is one of if not the richest owners in sports, and it all depends on how bad he wants to win. According to his Detroit News interview last week, the answer is clear. He wants nothing more than to win a World Series before he passes.

tomdalton22 said:
I'd pass. Besides, my wife thinks he looks like Colin Farrell so he's gonna want all the ads, endorsements and press he can get in LA or NY! I don't see him pitching(No pun) Better Made chips or Faygo in Det.

batcave76 said:
tomdalton22 said:
I'd pass. Besides, my wife thinks he looks like Colin Farrell so he's gonna want all the ads, endorsements and press he can get in LA or NY! I don't see him pitching(No pun) Better Made chips or Faygo in Det.

The choice of drink in my house, Faygo. But I haven't seen a commercial from them in ages.

He was never on my wish list.

Verlander, Fister, Scherzer is a great 1-3.

2B, 3B, and middle relief are bigger concerns.

JV, Fister, Max, Porcello, Turner. I bet that is the rotation next year.

tycobb420 said:

I think you're right 1-4.

But Turner needs a full season in AAA before you try to make him a starter in the show.

His spot starts proved this.

Yankees will pay top $. I dont even think hes worth 6-8 mil a year to be honest let a lone what the yankees will pay for him. Yanks SP could be a mess if CC leaves. That bullpen is going to be ridiculous though. If im the tigers im looking to spend my $ on 3B and 2B. Assuming were keeping Young and Boesh as corner OFs then i guess the OF is all set with Dirks/Kelly Platoon.

kingofdetroit57 said:
tycobb420 said:
Could be, but Turner didn't look anywhere close to ready from what I saw.

I agree. He didn't. But does not mean they don't have him penciled in for 2012.

MI_Thumb said:
tycobb420 said:

But Turner needs a full season in AAA before you try to make him a starter in the show.

His spot starts meant, and proved, literally nothing.

That said, I would like the Tigers to sign another cheap 5 starter like they did with Penny, but one that isn't one of the 5 worst SP in the game, and let Turner start in Triple A.

mjsb2 said:
MI_Thumb said:

His spot starts meant, and proved, literally nothing.

That said, I would like the Tigers to sign another cheap 5 starter like they did with Penny, but one that isn't one of the 5 worst SP in the game, and let Turner start in Triple A.
Wrong and Wrong.. They need a lefty starter.. Nothing elite, but someone who can manage 4.00-4.50 era and limit damage.. Danks comes to mind or even Buerhle for cheap... The spot starts proved he is not ready, and we shouldn't rush him like we did Porcello who actually looked decent his rookie season..

"[C.J. Wilson] wants $100MM, and he's not getting that from us," a Rangers source tells Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com. The source says that if Wilson leaves Texas for free agency, Alexi Ogando and Neftali Feliz would both be converted into starting pitchers next season.
mlbtraderumors

I'd be very intrigued with Buerhle. Not sure what he would want, but with the exception of playing us, he has pitched decently.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]"[C.J. Wilson] wants $100MM, and he's not getting that from us," a Rangers source tells Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com. The source says that if Wilson leaves Texas for free agency, Alexi Ogando and Neftali Feliz would both be converted into starting pitchers next season.
mlbtraderumors

The Yankees will be glad to give C.J. Wilson. 100 Million

Let them do it. Could be the worst free agent signing of 2012. Way overpriced

Back