Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin near unanimous all-pro

sansumo

NEW YORK -- Calvin Johnson took one look at the voting and smiled broadly.

"That's sweet," he said, as he studied The Associated Press 2011 NFL All-Pro Team. "That's one of the best honors you can have other than being a Super Bowl champion. To be an All-Pro is a tremendous honor."

Johnson and Vikings defensive end Jared Allen were the leading vote getters, each just one vote shy of being a unanimous pick.

rest of article on espn.

Interesting to note that Patrick Peterson made it (as a returner) and the Niners had 5 players...

KAWDUP said:
What idiot didn't vote for Calvin?

i'm guessing someone from NY. Victor cruz had a great year and new yorkers tend to have a higher opinion of their players than outsiders.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
KAWDUP said:
What idiot didn't vote for Calvin?

i'm guessing someone from NY. Victor cruz had a great year and new yorkers tend to have a higher opinion of their players than outsiders.

Guess we think alike haha.

Monster I'm getting scared now, thats two straight post we both made that were pretty much identical!

lionsftw said:
awww, you guys make a cute couple

thanks. now go make me a sammich. Turkey, ham, cheese, light mayo, pickles (sandiwich style dill) with some sour cream and onion pringles.

Peter King said the other vote went to Welker. He isnt sure who made the vote but it wasnt him.

wheels002 said:
Peter King said the other vote went to Welker. He isnt sure who made the vote but it wasnt him.

welker was on the first team....

Back