Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cam Newton has a lot to learn

jdeb

I was very disappointed in his post game address. He is the face of that franchise, league MVP, and a pretty darn good QB. He did some great things this year but to end it by sulking like a baby, he looked immature and lacked the resemblance of a leader. This was an opportune time to lift his teammates up with encouraging words that would help them moving forward. He did not. I can only imagine how his teammates must feel about him now. Wake up Cam, it's not all about you! The bottom line was Denver played better and he did not do enough to win the game. He did not lose the game but was an equal partner in the loss. He should have dove on that fumbled ball towards the end of the game. He has played the game long enough to know you have to do that, he didn't. It appeared he gave up. IMO, that showed me something about him as a leader prior to the post game and confirmed it during his post game. Hopefully, someone can talk with him and get him straight because he is a remarkable athlete that gives a lot to the community and to the game.

I think him getting up and walking out makes him human. Can't say I'd be able to sit there and be positive and be uplifting feeling like he was.

I want to hear him answer the question of why he didn't try to recover his last fumble. I think that shows a lot about him. He put in zero effort to recover his fumble with the fuckin Super Bowl on the line. The Super Bowl!?!?! If you're not willing to go all out in the biggest game of your life....when are you?

I thought it made him look like a little bitch.

I think him getting up and walking out makes him human. Can't say I'd be able to sit there and be positive and be uplifting feeling like he was.
I get that but it is times like that he has to carry his team. He is the face of the franchise and players needed him. He walked away from a critical time of need.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I want to hear him answer the question of why he didn't try to recover his last fumble. I think that shows a lot about him. He put in zero effort to recover his fumble with the fuckin Super Bowl on the line. The Super Bowl!?!?! If you're not willing to go all out in the biggest game of your life....when are you?

I've thought all the Cam hate has been over the top leading up to this game but this is one criticism I can absolutely get behind. Until he answers the question, your description is exactly what it looks like.

My god I said the exact same thing last night basically word for word and people were calling me a total idiot. Glad to see someone agree with me. I call into question his toughness, you have to be willing to dive and break your arms if you have to there, this is the Super Bowl, every kid who plays football dreams about this moment and winning it. I think it calls into question his character and if he is a "me first" player who didn't want to risk getting hurt as opposed to keeping the game alive.

The interview really doesn't bother me. The whole team got their dick punched in. If there was a huge error by another player that cost them the game, then I could see someone or the team needing a pickup, but there isn't a thing he or anyone could say that makes a difference right now. Next season won't hinge on him saying something after the Super Bowl or not.

Now not going after the fumble, that needs an explanation. That sort of looks like he quit. However as hard as he normally plays I think he will still have plenty of credit in that locker room.

The interview really doesn't bother me. The whole team got their dick punched in. If there was a huge error by another player that cost them the game, then I could see someone or the team needing a pickup, but there isn't a thing he or anyone could say that makes a difference right now. Next season won't hinge on him saying something after the Super Bowl or not.

Now not going after the fumble, that needs an explanation. That sort of looks like he quit. However as hard as he normally plays I think he will still have plenty of credit in that locker room.

The interview bothered me. I liken it to a mission our platoon was on when I was in the Marines many moons ago. As as team we failed an important mission because we did not execute. We were well prepared and knew what to do and what was at stake. It came down to execution and we came up short all the way from the Captain down to the private. At the end of it all, our Captain stood before us and said he failed us but not to be discouraged as we were as fine a unit he had ever commanded. He pointed out all the short comings and told us we were better than that and came up with a plan to get better. We became better Marines for it. When we were beaten down, he lifted us up. We worked even harder and became a reliable unit that would go on to accomplish many good things. Now, if he had walked away from that speech, our confidence would have waned and we would have not been a better team for it. These little things are a by-product of entitlement and pride, attributes not found in leadership.

Last edited:
Harbaugh dove for the ball.

635802840098639163-dfpx34903.jpg

The only thing I can think of why he didn't go for the fumble is he had money on the Broncos. Way to go Cam..

camfumble2.0.gif

I saw an interview with Norman. Had to be tough but he still went through it and got it done. Interviews are part of an NFL players job .. It's required. He should get heat from it, same with the non dive after the fumble.

Last edited:
Remember when Peyton got his ass beat by the Seahawks and pouted in his postgame interview, basically ignoring the media? Yeah, I don't either. Cam does have a lot to learn.

Maybe now the media with stfu about "racism" because Cam is a black QB and white people are scared of him. I don't know anybody that hates Cam because he's black - it's shit like this that make us hate him. And that little temper tantrum he threw in the end zone after getting hit late in the 4th quarter. Yo, Cam...your team needs you to keep your head. There is a time and place to show your anger and that was not it.

This guy is a HOF QB tho.....remember??

Baaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

I saw an interview with Norman. Had to be tough but he still went through it and got it done. Interviews are part of an NFL players job .. It's required. He should get heat from it, same with the non dive after the fumble.

Not a huge fan of him, but I thought it was fucked up of CBS to keep the camera on him. You could tell that he was trying really hard not to cry. They cut away for a second, but then went straight back to him when he lost it.

Not a huge fan of him, but I thought it was fucked up of CBS to keep the camera on him. You could tell that he was trying really hard not to cry. They cut away for a second, but then went straight back to him when he lost it.

I saw that too. I felt bad. I can feel bad for a guy like that (not a fan myself) but the Cam stuff I can't.

Back