Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Casey Steps down as coach

Fuck that, he was way too shitty of a coach to be given that "stepped down" treatment. He was FIRED!!!

I think the plan was always for him to step down and move into some front office advisor (i.e. bullshit) role, just happened to be now.

We'll see what another coach can do. I doubt we'll see much difference in results if the roster doesn't change a whole lot. I don't care how good Cade can be, he's not worth double the wins, and they'll need even more than that to challenge for a play-in spot. Still believe they're at least two years away, maybe less if they can get Wemby.

My guess is they will get the number 1 pick and he will be a skinny Frenchie bust. A Detroit team gets a top pick and where are Jordon?s Thomas, Magic, Bird, Russell, Chamberlain,Many other top picks. We get the top pick and get Cade a decent player but no real difference maker then he gets hurt. 8-10 years of top picks have really gotten the Pistons nothing. Not winning for sure.

Last edited:
My guess is they will get the number 1 pick and he will be a skinny Frenchie bust. A Detroit team gets a top pick and where are Jordon?s Thomas, Magic, Bird, Russell, Chamberlain,Many other top picks. We get the top pick and get Cade a decent player but no real difference maker then he gets hurt. 8-10 years of top picks have really gotten the Pistons nothing. Not winning for sure.

Man, that sure is pessimistic.

Although you?re right, Wembanyama does seem to have ?giant bust? stamped all over his tall brittly skinny self.

Race to the bottom for that?

What a joke!

And I don?t even care about the Pistons or the NBA.

Man, that sure is pessimistic.

Although you?re right, Wembanyama does seem to have ?giant bust? stamped all over his tall brittly skinny self.

Race to the bottom for that?

What a joke!

And I don?t even care about the Pistons or the NBA.

I hate being like this but I?m so damn tired of all the Detroit teams stinking and ownership that takes years to figure things out.

Tigers have played since 1901 to 2023 they are

9,514-9414 .. a 100 games over .500 and Only 16 seasons in the postseason. Not very good.
I?m not a fan of current ownership. Even his father had a so so track record although at least it seemed he cared.

1907 0-4-1 in ws
1908 1-4 in ws
1909 3-4 in ws
1934 3-4 in ws
1935 4-2 in ws
1940 3-4 in ws
1945 4-3 in ws
1968 4-3 in ws
1972 2-3 ALCS
1984 4-1 in ws
1987 1-4 in AlCS
2006 1-4 in ws
2011 2-4 in ALCS
2012 0-4 in ws
2013 2-4 in ALCS
2014 0-3 ALDS
========================
Detroit Lions are a pitiful 579-702-34.
(They were over .500 before Fords took over)

1935 won NFL Title
1952 won NFL title
1953 won NFL title
1954 lost NFL Title
1957 won NFL title.
1970 Lost Div
1982 Lost WC
1983 Lost Div
1990 Lost Conference Final
1993 Lost Wc
1994 Lost Wc
1995 Lost wc
1997 Lost wc
1999 Lost wc
2011 Lost Wc
2014 Lost Wc
2016 Lost Wc
========================
1948-49 to 2022-23.
Pistons are 2813-3102
Been in 42 playoff series if I counted right
With 5 conference titles and 3 NBA championships.lost two other Finals in Fort Wayne.
Pistons were so much fun when they were good.
1953-54 Lost Finals
1954-55 Lost Finals
1987-88 Lost nba title
1988-89 won nba title
1989-90 won nba title
2003-04 won nba title
2004-05 Lost nba title
Lost many conference finals sadly 6 if I counted right.
=====================
Red Wings 1926 to 2023
3056-2648-815-203
11 cups
1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008.

The Detroit Red Wings have appeared in the Stanley Cup Finals 24 times, in 1934, 1936, 1937, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 and 2009.

Compound this with Michigans inability to win championship in the four major sports it I?d like to see a owner
Who cares.

Last edited:

Jordan #2
Thomas #2
Magic #1
Bird #6
Russell #2

I think the plan was always for him to step down and move into some front office advisor (i.e. bullshit) role, just happened to be now.

We'll see what another coach can do. I doubt we'll see much difference in results if the roster doesn't change a whole lot. I don't care how good Cade can be, he's not worth double the wins, and they'll need even more than that to challenge for a play-in spot. Still believe they're at least two years away, maybe less if they can get Wemby.

I think they should be able to compete for the play in next year. Ivey looks like a legit starter. He averaged 19.5 and 7 in March & April. Cunningham is a good player. If Bogdanovic is back, he's another quality player. They have the cap room to either sign a starting caliber player or trade for one. I'm not even counting on a rookie making an impact.

Adding Cunningham, another quality starter, and getting rid of Casey should make them decent enough to fight for the play in.

I think they should be able to compete for the play in next year. Ivey looks like a legit starter. He averaged 19.5 and 7 in March & April. Cunningham is a good player. If Bogdanovic is back, he's another quality player. They have the cap room to either sign a starting caliber player or trade for one. I'm not even counting on a rookie making an impact.

Adding Cunningham, another quality starter, and getting rid of Casey should make them decent enough to fight for the play in.

It's hard to truly know how many pieces we currently have that can play because Casey didn't have an offensive or defensive system. The guys just played pickup ball.

I don?t have as much optimism, especially if they can?t get a few good (preferably young) shooters. I?d say they were somewhat fortunate to have Bojan play as many games as he did (at a high efficiency too), I really don?t want to rely on a 34 yr old as my primary shooter.

We?ll see how FA shakes out, but it seems pretty lackluster on the surface. There might not be a player that wants to come here and is worth overpaying for (doubt you?re going to find a discount to come play for the worst team in the league). I really don?t want to see them throwing out a max contract for somebody like Grant or Kuzma.

I just don?t think Cade is a difference maker sadly. Hope I?m proved wrong. Team needs to find a coach who can light a fire under younger guys to play better defense. Find some damn shooters . Find something a damn identity!

I just don?t think Cade is a difference maker sadly. Hope I?m proved wrong. Team needs to find a coach who can light a fire under younger guys to play better defense. Find some damn shooters . Find something a damn identity!
Weather he's a true stud, who knows but from I've seen he is a difference maker imo. I think he can become a 20-8-8 guy.

Damn.

Pistons finish as the the worst of the worst, barely winning one game out of every five.

Were they tanking? Or did they really suck just that much?

Anyway, Casey is doing the right thing quitting.

Try Uber Eats or DoorDash.

But go somewhere that ain?t Detroit.

And don?t tell anyone that you were the last coach of the Pistons.

Last edited:
Only a 52.1% of even picking in the top 4. Basically a coin flip
Amazing how they could go all the way down to 5th. Probably a good system but the draft was originally setup for the '23 Pistons, a truly terrible team that could change their fortunes overnight.

Back