Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Celtics 128 Pistons 123 Final ot

Cade missed but BB put it in with way too much time left. 108-108.

Real bad turnover puts pistons down 4. That spin gets picked.

Can?t leave your man. Down 4

Miss shot

Down 6.

Gotta rebound.

Livers is awful . He is a three point shooter who can?t shoot and he just missed both free throws . I really don?t understand how half this Piston roster is in the nba.

Offensively the Pistons have to many empty possessions in row sadly.

this is what you get when the GM hires a coach that really didn't want to come back to coaching, but then gets an offer that is so stupidly lucrative that he couldn't pass it up.
More importantly from what I understand Weaver didn't want him.. Or he wasn't his to choice. Maybe more Gores hire. And 6 years..

Last edited:
More importantly from what I understand Weaver didn't want him.. But Gores did.

really? I never heard that.

I don't know how much Weaver knows about the NBA, but I'm sure he knows more than Gores. Meddling owners are never a good thing!

I think the 1972-1973 Philadelphia 76'ers have the worst season record of
9 wins and 73 losses.
The Pistons look like they might finish with a worse record.

wtf happened to this team? meddling owner, bad GM and coaches, or just a bad group of players?

edit, I stand corrected, the 2011-2012 Charlotte Hornets won 7 games and lost 59.
Was this a strike shortened season?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_worst_records.html
NBA League Averages - Worst Record After x Games.

Last edited:
I think the 1972-1973 Philadelphia 76'ers have the worst season record of
9 wins and 73 losses.
The Pistons look like they might finish with a worse record.

wtf happened to this team? meddling owner, bad GM and coaches, or just a bad group of players?

edit, I stand corrected, the 2011-2012 Charlotte Hornets won 7 games and lost 59.
Was this a strike shortened season?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_worst_records.html
NBA League Averages - Worst Record After x Games.
The players just don't fit together. Drafting decent players are just one aspect. While they were drafting top 5 guys they forgot to draft guys that worked together well. They didn't draft a team.

The players just don't fit together. Drafting decent players are just one aspect. While they were drafting top 5 guys they forgot to draft guys that worked together well. They didn't draft a team.

I'm not sure if you are talking about how they fit as far as "style" or just how they work together. Style of play is on the guy that drafts them, how they work together is on coaching.

Either way, the team is screwed up!

I'm not sure if you are talking about how they fit as far as "style" or just how they work together. Style of play is on the guy that drafts them, how they work together is on coaching.

Either way, the team is screwed up!
Monty certainly doesn't get a pass but they have a bunch of bigs but no true big. They have too many guard types playing out of position. And they drafted guys who can't shoot.

Back