Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chad Henne

One of the first things the Dolphin coaching staff was impressed with was his ability to manage a huddle. But outside of the huddle, yeah, I see your point.

I don't think that necessarily precludes him from being a long-term starter though....just maybe a great long-term starter.

We'll have to wait and see, of course, but I think he's too phlegmatic. Then again, maybe the booing will piss him off and he'll direct his anger into leadership (I hope).

DR said:
Ahh, I didn't see that Miami signed another QB yesterday, Kevin O'connell. You'd that that officially closes the door on going after Orton. The job is Henne's to lose.

You know a lot of people liked O'Connell a bunch. Heard a lot of "Could he be the next Matt Cassel" comments at the beginning of last year or the year before.

Sounds like Henne had a really good scrimmage. 10-15, about 160 yards, 3 td, 1 int. Offense taking more downfield shots than last year.

DR said:
All right, you got me, I had to look phlegmatic up!

I'll take a shot in the dark and say it means Psassive.

DR said:
Beez said:
I'll take a shot in the dark and say it means Psassive.

phlegmatic: having or showing a slow and stolid temperament

makes sense

Just threw a dart using context and previous knowledge of Chad Henne. Gotta be honest, I've never heard the word stolid either...unless its suppose to be solid. (not a sarcastic post if it sounds that way)

He looked great in their last preseason game, Friday night. Moving much better than I've ever seen him, in and outside of the pocket. There were three times that he took off with no hesitation and picked up substantial yardage when he saw nobody was open.

He was throwing a pretty darn good ball too, just still needs to get some air under his long passes. He really hasn't found his stride with the deep ball yet in the NFL.

It was only against Carolina, and they had a handful of players on the shelf, but there were definitely some positive things to see. His confidence has to be pretty high right now...hopefully he keeps it going.

Beez said:
Chad Henne is one of my favs. He played hurt, never cried and put up numbers. He lost some big games n couldnt beat OSU but I dont put that on him. I know he's the qb so he shoulders more than others but there were a lot of talented guys on that team who didnt beat OSU. i think thats the main reason he didnt sit well with some Michigan fans. Shit Navarre beat Ohio State but I would GLADLY take Henne all day over him. lol

I agree. Henne was a great QB, and I believe the fact he never beat OSU shouldn't change that. The Dolphins are very unstable, they seem to be shuffling players in and out constantly. Give Henne a chance to build some chemistry with the O-players around him and I think he can do well.

rayhowland3 said:
Beez said:
Chad Henne is one of my favs. He played hurt, never cried and put up numbers. He lost some big games n couldnt beat OSU but I dont put that on him. I know he's the qb so he shoulders more than others but there were a lot of talented guys on that team who didnt beat OSU. i think thats the main reason he didnt sit well with some Michigan fans. Shit Navarre beat Ohio State but I would GLADLY take Henne all day over him. lol

I agree. Henne was a great QB, and I believe the fact he never beat OSU shouldn't change that. The Dolphins are very unstable, they seem to be shuffling players in and out constantly. Give Henne a chance to build some chemistry with the O-players around him and I think he can do well.

They had nearly the same set of skilled players for each of Henne's first three years with the exception of adding Marshall. This year they made the right move in going in another direction at RB, but the receiving corps remains intact.

There's been plenty of shuffling on the o-line due to injuries and bad luck, but pass protection hasn't been a huge issue for them.

Miami has been fair to him...he was pulled from a couple games last year, but it was deserved. He's just going through a natural progression for a young qb.

Back