Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Championship Week Score Prediction Thread - vs. Iowa

Michchamp

When: Saturday, December 2, 2023 @ 8:00 PM Eastern on FOX, Michigan plays Iowa for the Big Ten Championship.

Line: UM -21.5
o/u: 35
Sagarin Predictor: UM by 18.5 pts.

dee09c817297b0eb6dce378d18aa7c0c-original.jpg

This Saturday, Jim Harbaugh is back... AGAIN.

I had a long post all typed up with a background on the Ferentzeses, a comparison to Marcus Aurelius' disastrous decision to name his worthless son Commodus as his heir, Brian's awful history and off-field antics, analysis of Iowa's performance against Penn St (their one (1) tough opponent all season), and a stats watch! comparison of their truly grotesque offensive stats... AND DSF GLITCHED WHEN IT SUBMITTED IT AND I LOST IT ALL...

tenor.gif

Not typing it again! Fuck this bullshit.

Let it suffice to say, Iowa might be one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams to play for a conference championship. Brian Ferentz is a complete bum, racist, and an embarassment to their program, and Kirk is ruining his legacy by continuing to protect him.

If we don't win this game by 30+, I'll be surprised and disappointed.

So go ahead and make your predictions, and post some analysis if you so choose, but as always leave the woofing and the barking for other threads.

I am going to go with 30-3 Michigan with extensive Tuttle time. Empty the bench and get through this healthy.

UM... 31
IA.... 00

feels weird to be predicting a shutout, but I can't see Iowa scoring at all, unless we've emptied the bench, playing walkons on defense, AND there's somehow still enough time left for Iowa's offense to bumble their way into the endzone.

Their one return threat (Cooper DeJean) is out for the season with a leg injury.

About time.

Michigan 50
Iowa 0

EDIT: A little game analysis.

Virtually all Roman historians concur Marcus Aurelius had selected General Maximus Decimus Meredius to succeed him as the Emperor of Rome. When Aurelius told his son Commodus of his decision, Commodus murdered his father, and became the presumptive Emperor success.

Maximus would eventually avenge Marcus Aurelius by vanquishing Commodus in the arena of il Colossio (the Coliseum) but not without cost; Maximus would ultimately also perish from a wound inflicted upon him by Commodus just before the battle.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how terrible Iowa was. Lost to PSU 31-0.

I think Iowa gets 3 points off of a UM turnover. They might not get past mid field other than that

UM 38-3

][V][ 52
Iowa 7 (garbage time TD against the 8th string D near the end of the game)

I didn't realize how terrible Iowa was. Lost to PSU 31-0.

I think Iowa gets 3 points off of a UM turnover. They might not get past mid field other than that

UM 38-3

Not only did they lose to Penn St 31-0, they were losing to MSU (game was IN Iowa) until 5:00 left in the 4th Q, and didn't have a lead until a 70 yard punt return TD with 3:45 left. If Wisconsin wasn't a mess offensively, they probably would've lost there, they lost AT HOME to Minnesota - which has an equally lousy offense - and they trailed Illinois for most of the game.

About time.

Michigan 50
Iowa 0

EDIT: A little game analysis.

Virtually all Roman historians concur Marcus Aurelius had selected General Maximus Decimus Meredius to succeed him as the Emperor of Rome. When Aurelius told his son Commodus of his decision, Commodus murdered his father, and became the presumptive Emperor success.

Maximus would eventually avenge Marcus Aurelius by vanquishing Commodus in the arena of il Colossio (the Coliseum) but not without cost; Maximus would ultimately also perish from a wound inflicted upon him by Commodus just before the battle.

But at least he returned Rome to the Senate and the Roman state returned to a Republic and lived happily ever after, right?

But at least he returned Rome to the Senate and the Roman state returned to a Republic and lived happily ever after, right?

Well, that?s one version.

That?s all I have to say because this already could be described as woofing and barking.

No prediction here. Not watching, either. This game is a farce on its face, no matter who wins. This is no more a championship game than the matchup between Michigan and UNLV in September. It's a fabrication of an artificial event masquerading as an important game, when Iowa would finish fifth in the B1G East Division.

Last edited:
Well, that?s one version.

That?s all I have to say because this already could be described as woofing and barking.

Not really. But THIS next post on the other hand...

No prediction here. Not watching, either. This game is a farce on its face, no matter who wins. This is no more a championship game than the matchup between Michigan and UNLV in September. It's a fabrication of an artificial event masquerading as an important game, when Iowa would finish fifth in the B1G East Division.

Just a sidebar story: I watched this movie with my oldest son, a High School junior at the time, who was steeped in learning Latin, and, as a logical consequence, the history of the Roman Empire. He nudged me every few minutes to indicate errors and improbabilities in the movie. He was pretty discouraged. Turns out the technical advisor resigned from the production less than a month after principle shooting had begun

Last edited:
Just a sidebar story: I watched this movie with my oldest son, a High School junior at the time, who was steeped in learning Latin, and, as a logical consequence, the history of the Roman Empire. He nudged me every few minutes to indicate errors and improbabilities in the movie. He was pretty discouraged. Turns out the technical advisor resigned from the production less than a month after principal shooting had begun

It made for a happier ending though. USA! USA!

Just a sidebar story: I watched this movie with my oldest son, a High School junior at the time, who was steeped in learning Latin, and, as a logical consequence, the history of the Roman Empire. He nudged me every few minutes to indicate errors and improbabilities in the movie. He was pretty discouraged. Turns out the technical advisor resigned from the production less than a month after principle shooting had begun

That?s nothin.?

Oliver Reed literally drank himself to death to get out of the finishing the movie.

That?s nothin.?

Oliver Reed literally drank himself to death to get out of the finishing the movie.

They had to do some primitive CGI and some clever script revisions to usher him out of the picture literally. Then they were writing scenes on one day and shooting in the next. The script was never complete.

Back