Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Championship Week Score Prediction Thread - vs. Iowa

They had to do some primitive CGI and some clever script revisions to usher him out of the picture literally. Then they were writing scenes on one day and shooting in the next. The script was never complete.

I knew Russell Crowe's character was fictional, and there were a few glaring inaccuracies (most notably that NO ONE ever "returned Rome to a Republic")... but I kinda assumed Joaquin Phoenix's general portrayal of how awful Commodus was did justice to him. I went back and read the wikipedia article on Commodus, and whoa... like he was so many times worse than in the movie, it could not have been made accurately without scarring movie audiences for life.

They had to do some primitive CGI and some clever script revisions to usher him out of the picture literally. Then they were writing scenes on one day and shooting in the next. The script was never complete.

That?s probably why the movie so historically inaccurate, having to work around Oliver Reed, and whatnot.

Last edited:
31-13. Haven't really followed Iowa football this year but their offense got progressively worse throughout the year. I'm assuming due to the cade and All injuries.

That, and is there really such a thing as "queer giraffes?"

I think Disney Kids network is about to launch a new television show of that name.

Shockingly the subject didn?t come up in the blue governor versus red governor mega debate on Sean Hannity last night.

49-3 Michigan. Iowa gets a FG to start the game and then jesse minter pulls his defense to the side and says "All right, now, I don't want them to gain another yard! You blitz... all... night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Wolverines!"

Michigan 42
Iowa 7

This game is over early in the second half. Defense gets a couple of pix or fumble recoveries. Petitti fumbles the B1G trophy but Harbaugh recovers it.

About time.

Michigan 50
Iowa 0

EDIT: A little game analysis.

Virtually all Roman historians concur Marcus Aurelius had selected General Maximus Decimus Meredius to succeed him as the Emperor of Rome. When Aurelius told his son Commodus of his decision, Commodus murdered his father, and became the presumptive Emperor success.

Maximus would eventually avenge Marcus Aurelius by vanquishing Commodus in the arena of il Colossio (the Coliseum) but not without cost; Maximus would ultimately also perish from a wound inflicted upon him by Commodus just before the battle.

This sounds like it would make a great movie!

Michigan 42
Iowa 7

This game is over early in the second half. Defense gets a couple of pix or fumble recoveries. Petitti fumbles the B1G trophy but Harbaugh recovers it.

Well, I was right about the fumble recoveries. Game didn't go as I expected though. I thought it would be over early. I guess it was in that Iowa never scored a point, but seems like the offense just couldn't get itself going. Passing 147 yards for Michigan and 120 yards for Iowa. and 66 yards rushing for Michigan to 35 for the Iowans. 213 yards of total offense has got to be the lowest of the season. I was surprised that the wide receivers couldn't get open. Did they even try any long passes? I guess this may be related to the lines inability to maintain a pocket. And the TEs dropping the ball was very uncharacteristic. I hope the coaches address this before the bowl game.

Looks like champ wins this one. Honorable mention to Mitch and Bphillips. Nice work fellas

thanks. I think you came 2 pts closer on the spread though. but I called the shutout w/the closest to the actual score

Back