Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chapel Hill shooting

apparently a dispute over parking may have been the basis for the shooting. if true, I suppose this doesn't belong in the religion tab at all.

as much as it appears initially to be a hate crime, this is going to be tough to prove. few things instigate rage more than vehicles and people's actions with them. I'm thinking chances are pretty good this guy would have acted similarly regardless of the victim's background. still, the media will over-hype it, as have the Muslim leaders apparently.

the reason I quoted you champ is the link you supplied has the Muslim leader commenting about the "rising" anti-Muslim feelings in America. I found that curious, as I have long felt those feelings had leveled out or even declined in the past 5+ years. obviously taking out 9/11 from the mix as that put those emotions at an all time high, but outside of ISIS hatred I don't sense many people are simply anti-Muslim...and even Muslims are anti-ISIS for the most part. anyone else feel like anti-Muslim emotions are 'rising', or is it just because this person is a leader and basically has to say stuff like that to stay in his position of authority/power/whatever? not saying he is behaving any different from pretty much every leader out there, just making an observation.

do you guys really think he is a redneck though? seems to me more like a hick which is why I found his last name so laughable.

I wonder what his wife is thinking about all of this. she might be blaming the victims. the parking thing seems to be a long standing point of contention, so she may be of the opinion they had it coming to them.

do you guys really think he is a redneck though? seems to me more like a hick which is why I found his last name so laughable.

I wonder what his wife is thinking about all of this. she might be blaming the victims. the parking thing seems to be a long standing point of contention, so she may be of the opinion they had it coming to them.

Wife is divorcing him. Neighbors are saying he was an angry man. Always complained about people parking, loud noise coming from other apartments, etc.

Wife is divorcing him. Neighbors are saying he was an angry man. Always complained about people parking, loud noise coming from other apartments, etc.

Yeah, it's starting to seem that he was a stereotypical redneck...minus the religion. My guess is that he would have killed just about anyone in that situation. Hot tempered and well armed are a very bad combination.

Back