Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Barnett gone

Yeah, 3 of those guys are walk-ons. I forgot about Miller, but I have to believe he'll be more of an H back, or a guy they occasionally split out, rather than a true TE.

I have been hoping Michigan would snatch him up though. Seems like he could be the kind of guy that develops into a bigtime playmaker.

DR said:
Yeah, 3 of those guys are walk-ons. I forgot about Miller, but I have to believe he'll be more of an H back, or a guy they occasionally split out, rather than a true TE.

Seems like Michigan is now a few years away from a true pro-style set without any real TE's on the roster, unless they find some diamonds in the rough or convert some people around.

HOKE RAN HIM OFFFF!!!! MFHOKE!!

or

these 3 guys were about to be suspended, but quit instead...per Ace Williams...

or

I've been saying all along that we will wait until Sept 3rd to see what the roster says. There will be more defections before the first game and very few of them will likely be something to worry about. Now if one of the big names departs, worry, but I don't really expect any of them to go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more names by Sept 3rd.

THis one surprises me but we all knew there were going to be defections. It happens at every school when players realize OMG what did I get myself into. My nephew is a Freshman for Siena Heights. This is the first year for their football program. Anyway he said that their camp was a lot harder than they expected and players were packing up and leaving like mad. Hoke has said this team has to get tougher and in order to get there he has to push some players to the edge.

Red and Guilty said:
DR said:
Coming in at 279 and off of a knee surgery I wasn't counting on him much for this year anyway. Sucks going forward though.

This could possibly open up the door for Ron Thompson, but they already have a tweener in Funchess, the staff might look for a bigger TE.

Related to Shawn Thompson?

No but coming in that much over his weight, Barnett may be ralated to Shawn Kemp.

i will repeat you don't know why he left

playing time, grades, homesick, drugs, YOU DON"T know

Not a huge loss, no way in hell would he have played this year that knee was trashed, and his body suffered.. Look how the Lions 3 Tight ends play, you have your complete prototypical Tight end in Brandon Pettigrew ( Kevin Koger ) you're lighter quicker get down the field beating linebackers tight end in Tony Scheffler ( Ricardo Miller ) and you're blocking Tight End in Will Heller ( Brandon Moore ). Look at the Tight Ends Hoke has commited this year and one that might commit with the numbers picking up. Same formula. Funchess the smaller H back / burner tight end. AJ Williams the stout blocking tight end. And Ron Thompson who looks much bigger than listed as a pettigrew type. He looks really good with Morris. It will be fun till Feb.

michlady77 said:
i will repeat you don't know why he left

playing time, grades, homesick, drugs, YOU DON"T know

Wow! ML you have no sarcasm detector whatsoever, do you?

sometimes you can't tell with some posters - too many folks want to make players leaving something negative

sarcasm hard to detect at times in print without following all the posts carefully

other times i am aware of it

TheWolverines24 said:
Since we are talking about TEs...what's the deal with Brandon Moore? Anyone know anything about him? I haven't heard a word about him all fall camp.

I don't know about his performance during camp, but it seems that he should be next behind Koger in the depth chart. From what I remember, he and Koger were both four-stars from the class of 08; I believe Moore redshirted though.

I always wonder why guys wait until the season is about to start... Do you guys know if there is rhyme or reason to when guys decide to go?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I always wonder why guys wait until the season is about to start... Do you guys know if there is rhyme or reason to when guys decide to go?

If he transfers before classes start, then he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Hungry said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I always wonder why guys wait until the season is about to start... Do you guys know if there is rhyme or reason to when guys decide to go?

If he transfers before classes start, then he doesn't have to sit out a year.

Thanks..

Back