Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Rock

I never liked Chris Rock, the comedian, anyways. his voice was too annoying, and his shit wasn't that funny, except in that one SNL skit where he plays the angry talk show host. Kevin Bacon played Vanilla Ice, and Chris Rock says, "they're comparing Vanilla Ice to Elvis. I'm comparing him to Elvis because I wish he was DEAD!"

I saw him live at the Improv in Chicago many years ago. I liked some of his stuff but most of it wasnt that original.

Chris Rock is funny. He plays the "white guys do this, black guys do that" card a bit much, but he's damn funny.

And the football player is only 3* so really who cares?! The only players who matter are 4* and 5* rated.

3 of my roommates saw him in a club in New York. Some guy on the street just walked up to them and said "Do you like comedy? We're trying to sell the last of these tickets. It's always good. Sometimes Chris Rock shows up." It was very sketcky and he didn't actually say Chris Rock would be there, so they weren't expecting him.

Also, this was just after the Virginia Tech shooting and Rock went off for a bit on not messing with my Asian roommate because he could be dangerous.

Chris Rock's old standup is gold. He's one of those 7-8 guys I'd watch on Comedy Central all the time growing up along with Hedberg, Louis CK, Gaffigan, etc.

Chris Rock's old standup is gold. He's one of those 7-8 guys I'd watch on Comedy Central all the time growing up along with Hedberg, Louis CK, Gaffigan, etc.

I never did like watching him at that time, mostly his HBO show he had. Too much cussing and people thought it was funny when it wasn't. Only Richard Pryor could cuss for the hell of it and it'd be funny.

Last edited:
I never liked Chris Rock, the comedian, anyways. his voice was too annoying, and his shit wasn't that funny, except in that one SNL skit where he plays the angry talk show host. Kevin Bacon played Vanilla Ice, and Chris Rock says, "they're comparing Vanilla Ice to Elvis. I'm comparing him to Elvis because I wish he was DEAD!"

Chris Rock is described by some as being libertarian.

Ranker puts him at #6 on the list of Notable Black Libertarians, two slots ahead of the 1960s television icon Dihann Carroll.

http://www.ranker.com/list/notable-black-libertarians/mrporcupine

Back