Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Class act

bamf16

Ohio brought in Jim Tressel to talk to the team Friday before they left for AA. Way to send the message that if you cheat and lie, we'll still bring you back to address the team but only for the game we REALLY want to win. Way to work to fix your institution's reputation. Couldn't Pryor fly in from Oakland to talk as well?

That's the thing. Although they admit they have broken several NCAA violations even some this year they seem almost oblivious to the fact that it was wrong. The self imposed sanctions have been a joke. They make Tressel the fall guy but he is allowed around the program. They say they will still attend the bowl game when if they were smart they would do what Miami did and not go. I really hope the NCAA smacks them hard in part because there actions since have been almost comical.

The weird thing to me is how the players all talk about how it is this great honor to have Tressell* speak to them...what?!?!

Talking to OSU fans and the like I really get the impression that they think that they're going to get off scot-free just because their coach quit and the players that got caught left. They really don't seem to understand how serious these charges are and how much worse the coverup made it. This is also why I have no clue why Urban is even dreaming of taking that job right now before they even announce what is going to happen. I have a feeling that if he takes the job and they get hit with a bowl ban and serious loss of schollies that his "health" will start to fail him again and he decided he couldn't pry himself away from his family.

It is pretty amusing.

There's some knob on the radio in Phoenix named "Roc" who is a Buckeye and who was going on and on about how OSU lost 5 scholarships over 3yrs and how Penn State and USC and Miami(FL) were all worse.

I actually called the station and had to explain that what "Roc" was relaying was wrong and that what he thought was NCAA findings was merely suggested self-imposed by Ohio* and that just earlier in the day, the NCAA had added the possibility of Failure to Monitor.

Seriously ... for some of their fans who chronicled every detail of Rich Rod's PracticeGate, you'd think they'd be able to follow their own drama.

Back