Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

coach caldwell

dtroitlionsfan951

Crap,this season is starting off depressing. Probably the most talent I have seen on this lions offense and they can barely score points. Just think of the ole burleson, pettigrew days and they looked a helluva lot better than this team that has speed and playmakers at literally every skill position. People keep blaming Lombardi but I know who the true culprit of this meltdown is. Coach Caldwell. A very similar destruction of offense happened the year AFTER they won the super bowl in which Jim had the entire offseason to fully take over the offense.

Flacco had his yards per attempt go down a complete yard, had his interceptions rise from 10 to 22, his quarterback rating went from 87 down to 73.1.

Baltimore went from 24.9 ppg which was 10th in the league to 20.00 which was 25th.

the offensive line went from 38 sacks allowed to 48.

ray rice went from 4.4 yards per carry and 1100 yards down to 600 and 3.1

Their run offense has a whole went from the 12th best ypc to bottom in the league with our coach caldwell as fulltime offensive coordinator..

But at least our penalties are down.

Last edited:
Sad when we pine for the ol' Scott Linehan days.

I think Scott got the most out of his talent that he could. Honestly, pettigrew and nate were second and third options. Neither of them were overly talented. Literally nate would be a 5th option on this current team.

Hey you don't have to tell me. He's Bill fricken Walsh compared to these jokers.

I'll say it again... football is won and lost in the trenches, and our trenches are a joke.

Yes, I blame Caldwell. Yes I blame Austin and Lombardi. Yes, I blame the Washburns.

We have talent. We know that. But that talent is losing battles all over.

Start with firing the Washburns. Then Lombardi. If it doesn't turn around, go after Austin and Caldwell.

And if that doesn't right the ship, trade Stafford, trade Calvin, trade Levy and Ansah... burn this thing to the ground a start over.

Every guy we have, from players to coaches, is a Mayhew product. Fire his ass too.

If they don't turn it around, they have to can Mayhew. Once he is fired the new GM will clean house.

No more sacred cows. No players too good to be traded or cut.

But right now, I don't even blame the players. I can't. The coaching is SO bad, I can't possibly blame the players.

They are playing handcuffed. Stafford can't throw if he's on his back every play. Calvin and Tate can't catch if the ball is laying on top of Stafford on his back. The defense can't stop anything if their blocking assignments are completely wrong.

We're getting out coached on every level. If the coaches gets better, and we're still losing like this, I'll blame the players, but how can you when they haven't run a play yet?

That's how bleak this is. We don't even know if we have shitty players yet after two games because the coaching is that horrible.

My preseason concerns are still my concerns, a career 3-4 DT and his injuries. Not totally blaming Ngata but he needs to make some plays.

My preseason concerns are still my concerns, a career 3-4 DT and his injuries. Not totally blaming Ngata but he needs to make some plays.

Him and Ansah are the least of the DL concerns. The rest of the DL are garbage.

Last edited:

It was a panic signing after losing Suh.. 11 years in with not much left in the tank.. just another Player who took the Ford's money because they are stupid.. I just question all of us dumb Lion's fan who cannot figure out a way to tap into the Goldmine known as the Ford's..

It was a panic signing after losing Suh.. 11 years in with not much left in the tank.. just another Player who took the Ford's money because they are stupid.. I just question all of us dumb Lion's fan who cannot figure out a way to tap into the Goldmine known as the Ford's..

Are you kidding? Some of us actually buy Ford cars and add to the pile of cash so we can sign the wrong guys.

Me and my fucking Taurus.

Are you kidding? Some of us actually buy Ford cars and add to the pile of cash so we can sign the wrong guys.

Me and my fucking Taurus.

I owned a Taurus once. Only Ford I owned. Nice car. I'm usually GM, Pontiac.

I wanted Suh back but Mayhew botched his salary and negotiations. No way we could have paid his franchise tag.

I've heard and read a lot about this supposed high power offense but I just am not seeing it. In my opinion Golden Tate is the best playmaker on this team. We have CJ but even he tends to drop the ball a lot and doesn't get much YAC unless in wide open field. Other than that we have an up and down QB, a second year TE that still hasn't proven anything and a rookie RB.

I've heard and read a lot about this supposed high power offense but I just am not seeing it. In my opinion Golden Tate is the best playmaker on this team. We have CJ but even he tends to drop the ball a lot and doesn't get much YAC unless in wide open field. Other than that we have an up and down QB, a second year TE that still hasn't proven anything and a rookie RB.

Agree. Though I believe Tate is as good as he is because of the double-triple team on CJ. But underwhelmed offense, especially all the money spent on it.

Back