Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coach Kill

uofm06marine

It's being reported that Minn HC, Coach Kill went to the hospital again for further treatment. He was surfering seizures again Sunday morning.

Football aside, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. This man has been dealing with health issues for the past several years, I hope everything works out for him.

Kinda reminds me of Terry Hoepner (sp?) from Indiana a few years back.

Sports aside, it sucks to see someone go through this stuff.

Yeah....bad news all the away for that football program right now. Hope he can contain those seizures.

From a business standpoint...I wonder if the the fan base is criticizing the hire now? It WAS a known condition beforehand, right?

damfran said:
Yeah....bad news all the away for that football program right now. Hope he can contain those seizures.

From a business standpoint...I wonder if the the fan base is criticizing the hire now? It WAS a known condition beforehand, right?

sounds like it. for some reason, I thought Kill was the guy who took over after they fired brewster two games before the end of the year, who lead them to a 2-0 finish, but that was someone else. THAT guy probably should've gotten the job... he took over a 1-9 team in disarray and lead them to wins over Illinois & Iowa.

according to Kill's wiki, he was first diagnosed with kidney cancer in '05, but it went into remission following treatment. since then, he's had health problems, including seizures, as recently as last season when he coached NIU.

Typically, you have doctors check a guy out before a major hire. Either the Minnesota AD was dumb and didn't do this, or didn't listen, the doctors were wrong, or his condition got worse.

based on the general awfulness of Minnesota's programs under his tenure, I'm guessing it's #1.

Back