Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coach searches. USC was most likely

Michlady

Talking with Riley all along. And LSU had probably already had feelers out to Kelly

After the way our hire of rich rod and hoke were, I always said the AD needs to keep names on a list and be in contact with manager,etc

Last edited:
Talking with Riley all along. And LSU had probably already had feelers out to Kelly

After the way our hire of rich rod and hoke were, I always said the AD needs to keep names on a list and be in contact with manager,etc

As well as monitor the progress-success of a list of coaches at smaller programs ? both HCs and assistants. And, groom selected coaches in house for advancement, or to recommend to other programs when they age out.

Some HCs (i.e. Saban) regularly cycle through assistants to keep things fresh.

I assume Don Canham knew this. testament to him that he only had to hire one (1) football coach in his career, right?

Dave Brandon seemed to understand it. at least for the first 2 years, Brady Hoke seemed like a great hire... though I do wonder if others around the program could have foreseen it wouldn't work out and warned him.

I mean I heard Kelly is making 10 million a at lsu. He was making 2 million at nd. This is a no brainer like Chris Simms said on pro football talk.

?If you have a Pulse you can get into to Lsu. At ND you better have good grades and a good
SAT score?.

That is close to what he said.

Last edited:
I assume Don Canham knew this. testament to him that he only had to hire one (1) football coach in his career, right?

Dave Brandon seemed to understand it. at least for the first 2 years, Brady Hoke seemed like a great hire... though I do wonder if others around the program could have foreseen it wouldn't work out and warned him.

Have heard others say Canham always an index card for each coach with 5 potential replacements on it

Back