Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cole Hamels - Douchebag

Now we're talking about most HBP? All I said was, Pedro threw at people. And it wasn't all because he had a reason.

You keep changing the subject. It's about HITTING rookies BECAUSE they ARE ROOKIES. That's a stupid, stupid idea. Hamels is stupid for doing that and for saying it, too.

As for PEDRO. He hit 141 batters in his career. Threw at more than that. But, since, were rambling here now, no one has nothing on Doc Ellis on 5-1-74 versus the Reds.

THIS IS OLD SKOOL:

?Cincinnati will bullshit with us and kick our ass and laugh at us. They?re the only team that talk about us like a dog. Whenever we play that team, everybody socializes with them.? In the past the roles had been reversed. ?When they ran over to us, we knew they were afraid of us. When I saw our team doing it, right then I say, `We gonna get down. We gonna do the do. I?m going to hit these motherfuckers.? ?

Dock Ellis.

http://www.nonoadockumentary.com/2010/05/mayday/

You keep changing the subject. It's about HITTING rookies BECAUSE they ARE ROOKIES. That's a stupid, stupid idea. Hamels is stupid for doing that and for saying it, too.

As for PEDRO. He hit 141 batters in his career. Threw at more than that. But, since, were rambling here now, no one has nothing on Doc Ellis on 5-1-74 versus the Reds.

THIS IS OLD SKOOL:

?Cincinnati will bullshit with us and kick our ass and laugh at us. They?re the only team that talk about us like a dog. Whenever we play that team, everybody socializes with them.? In the past the roles had been reversed. ?When they ran over to us, we knew they were afraid of us. When I saw our team doing it, right then I say, `We gonna get down. We gonna do the do. I?m going to hit these motherfuckers.? ?

Dock Ellis.

http://www.nonoadockumentary.com/2010/05/mayday/

No you assumed when I said "It happens" that I meant it happens with rookies and only rookies. My post had nothing to do about rookies which is why I brought up Pedro.

No you assumed when I said "It happens" that I meant it happens with rookies and only rookies. My post had nothing to do about rookies which is why I brought up Pedro.

Okay. We are pulverizing electrons now. Did you even read the Dock Ellis piece? That's the meaning of "Old School."

Not what this pezzanovante Hamels thinks it is.

Okay. We are pulverizing electrons now. Did you even read the Dock Ellis piece? That's the meaning of "Old School."

Not what this pezzanovante Hamels thinks it is.

Again, I just brought up Pedro because IMO he'd throw at people just for the hell of it. Not just rookies and not being old school. Just that he'd throw at people. Nothing less, nothing more.

Again, I just brought up Pedro because IMO he'd throw at people just for the hell of it. Not just rookies and not being old school. Just that he'd throw at people. Nothing less, nothing more.

I don't care anymore. Read the link and enjoy.

See, now that was fun. People might think Dock is an A-hole but that was hilarious.

This is settting a poor example. The NFL has been fining/suspending players for lying. MLB is suspending them for telling the truth. You have the other pitcher in that game retailiate and hit Hamels later in the game then lie about it after the game and he doesnt get suspended. Just another reason why baseball is no longer americas game. Dumb decisions made from top to bottom.

This is settting a poor example. The NFL has been fining/suspending players for lying. MLB is suspending them for telling the truth. You have the other pitcher in that game retailiate and hit Hamels later in the game then lie about it after the game and he doesnt get suspended. Just another reason why baseball is no longer americas game. Dumb decisions made from top to bottom.

I wouldn't say not America's game, more like a soft Commish. In football, people love and hate Goodell. He's tough, some like it, some don't.

I wouldn't say not America's game, more like a soft Commish. In football, people love and hate Goodell. He's tough, some like it, some don't.

But you have to respect his decision making cause hes consistent and its for a purpose (they need to do something in defense of all the lawsuits). Baseball decisions at the top havent made sense for years, obviously are not consistent, and the guy has lost respect. The game has lost numbers, imho, because of it. The entire steroid era nonsense was in order for people to be truthful, clean, and respect the game. So now that someone tells the truth theyre gone for 5 games?....is dumb.

Last edited:
But you have to respect his decision making cause hes consistent and its for a purpose (they need to do something in defense of all the lawsuits). Baseball decisions at the top havent made sense for years, obviously are not consistent, and the guy has lost respect. The game has lost numbers, imho, because of it. The entire steroid era nonsense was in order for people to be truthful, clean, and respect the game. So now that someone tells the truth theyre gone for 5 games?....is dumb.

I agree but it is what it is.

Where is the proof that Zimmerman is lying?

No, football is a much better game for TV, and in this day of short attention spans, football is a better match than baseball.

It's got nothing to do with the commissioners.

No, football is a much better game for TV, and in this day of short attention spans, football is a better match than baseball.

It's got nothing to do with the commissioners.

I agree with this.

May 8, 2012 FOR PROSPERITY

I don't know that I agree with Pedro, I think he had a reason for everyone he threw at, maybe stupid reasons, but still reasons.

most was retaliation or payback vs. the Yankees I bet.

I don't know that I agree with Pedro, I think he had a reason for everyone he threw at, maybe stupid reasons, but still reasons.

most was retaliation or payback vs. the Yankees I bet.

Hamel had a stupid reason too, eh?

:tup:

Last edited:
Back