Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

college educated = liberal?

Thank you for voting!
No, Obama's remarks are being mischaracterized 8.13% (2,244 votes)

Yes, the president wants to force all students to be educated by liberal elitists 58.85% (16,236 votes)

He may be, but doesn't change the fact that an education is the most important thing we can give to our children 17.21% (4,748 votes)

Our students are losing ground globally, why are we even debating intentions? 15.8% (4,360 votes)

Total Votes: 27,588
Return To Poll

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/27/israelis-reportedly-dont-plan-to-notify-us-if-decision-made-to-strike-iran/#ixzz1ngjTDc5o

Saw this poll on Foxnews.com. Interesting results.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Is this guy for real? Obama wants you to go to college, so you become a liberal? So is he saying that if you are more educated, you're probably a liberal? Santorum....SMH.

[flash=350,287:eek:wdsx81z]http://www.youtube.com/v/NkjbJOSwq3A&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:eek:wdsx81z]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

I think he's screwing up any chance he had of beating mitt romney. He's waaaaaaay too far to the right for even the most conservative republicans.

Everytime I read Ricky's surname, I think of the word "sanitarium".

Heaven help us if one of these frothing mixes becomes POTUS, either in '13, or more likely, '17

Funny, I know some independants who say "Heaven help us if this moron gets re-elected."

Funny how that works isn't it?

I personally would never call him a moron, because Obama is definitely not, and further, I have the utmost respect for the office, even if I disagree with the man.

But you can see why someone would call you a left wing nut, right?

KAWDUP said:
Funny, I know some independants who say "Heaven help us if this moron gets re-elected."

Funny how that works isn't it?

I personally would never call him a moron, because Obama is defintely not, and further, I have the utmost respect for the office, even if I disagree the man.

But you can see why someone would call you a left wing nut right?

Nah....Santorum is bat shit crazy.

Well that isn't what he said.

He said "frothing mixes", not specifically Santorum. So, my point stands.

KAWDUP said:
Well that isn't what he said.

He said "frothing mixes", not specifically Santorum. So, my point stands.

true , he should have used clown car....Mitts back behind the wheel again
cool.png

Yeah, I was going to wait to actually predict Romney is the nominee until after Tuesday, but barring some miracle by Gingrich, I can't disagree.

KAWDUP said:
Yeah, I was going to wait to actually predict Romney is the nominee until after Tuesday, but barring some miracle by Gingrich, I can't disagree.

Newt will stay as long as he is selling books
cool.png

Obama is a hell of a lot smarter person than any jackass posting here or blabbing on FoxNews about anything.

TheVictors03 said:
Obama is a hell of a lot smarter person than any jackass posting here or blabbing on FoxNews about anything.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement, as it applies to us. And what does intelligence have to do with fundamental principles? Karl Marx, David Hume, Lenin were all smart people too.

Wrong as a 2-2=1, but smart nonetheless.

smayschmouthfootball said:
TheVictors03 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that statement, as it applies to us. And what does intelligence have to do with fundamental principles? Karl Marx, David Hume, Lenin were all smart people too.

So, it's okay to be as dumb as a bag of hammers, as long as you follow the proper principals (your principals), like W?

MI_Thumb said:

So, it's okay to be as dumb as a bag of hammers, as long as you follow the proper principals (your principals), like W?

If the principles are correct, yes. It's the first time I have recognized that you are actually learning something.

And a "principal" is a school administrator.

MI_Thumb said:

If the principles are correct, yes. It's the first time I have recognized that you are actually learning something.

Please excuse my typo/misspelling kind sir.

And I find that disturbing, that you think as long a a president has the same theological and political "principles" as you it's alright for him to be dumb, and do things like start a war without thinking about the long term cost or consequences.

MI_Thumb said:

And I find that disturbing, that you think as long a a president has the same theological and political "principles" as you it's alright for him to be dumb, and do things like start a war without thinking about the long term cost or consequences.

There you go again extrapolating my alleged ideas from nothing. You must have a massive supply of straw from which to build your men. I've never expressed my opinions of the Iraq war, and what part of "if the principles are correct" is vague to you?

MI_Thumb said:

There you go again extrapolating my alleged ideas from nothing. You must have a massive supply of straw from which to build your men. I've never expressed my opinions of the Iraq war, and what part of "if the principles are correct" is vague to you?

I never said anything about your stance or opinion on the war.

I was asking if you think it's okay if a president is not intelligent (dumb as a bag of hammers is the term I used) as long as he had your idea of the proper principles.

I'm assuming by most of your posts that these are very conservative principles, similar to W's, and I was just pointing out lack of intelligence did seem to make a difference in that case.

MI_Thumb said:

Now can the dumb as a bag of hammers individual be Protestant and stilll be okay to be president, like George Bush, or does the dumb as a bag of hammers individual have to be Catholic to have the correct principles to be okay to be the president?

MI_Thumb said:

I was asking if you think it's okay if a president is not intelligent (dumb as a bag of hammers is the term I used) as long as he had your idea of the proper principles.

I'm assuming by most of your posts that these are very conservative principles, similar to W's, and I was just pointing out lack of intelligence did seem to make a difference in that case.

My principles are only very remotely connected to GWB's. GWB is not a conservative.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Now can the dumb as a bag of hammers individual be Protestant and stilll be okay to be president, like George Bush, or does the dumb as a bag of hammers individual have to be Catholic to have the correct principles to be okay to be the president?

Just being Constitutionally correct would be a good start. Religious affiliation has no bearing on that.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Just being Constitutionally correct would be a good start. Religious affiliation has no bearing on that.

OK.

There are those who would say that we haven't a constitutionally correct president then, for a few generations.

MI_Thumb said:

My principles are only very remotely connected to GWB's. GWB is not a conservative.

You telling someone left of center that GWB is not a conservative is like me telling you Obama is not a liberal.

Back