Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Countess Injury (last year)

deathroh

Did we know he was playing hurt last year? Sounds like he had the JV/Miggy core injury. I don't remember hearing about it, but it's good to know he has an extra gear that we didn't see last season. Of course Tigers fans know that the recover period for this type of injury can vary..

This is already being discussed in the "Glaring Hole" thread...

Thank you very much.

yeah. I didn't go into that much detail in my post, and I also didn't link to the article about it, and I notice the OP didn't either, which is just completely inexcusable when you're starting a thread on a topic. Here's a link to the Freep:
"The Michigan cornerback had a first-team All-Big Ten season last year and battled lower abdominal pain much of the way.?Played through it,? he said Sunday as the Wolverines gathered for the start of fall camp. ?Just movement, speed, things like that. Obviously not anything that (outsiders) could have recognized, but just within myself, I didn?t feel like myself completely on game days and throughout practice. But I had a decent season last year. But it was definitely something I was voicing to my coaches and the trainers here, so we worked through it and look forward now.?

That led to off-season testing and a May operation to repair the injured core.

Following the prescription of rest and healing, he remained in Ann Arbor to do his treatment. Now he said he is 100%."
Hope he can go a full season, healthy. that would be something.

I am cautiously optimistic about the defense this year. 4 years of decent recruiting, few departures and lots of returning, good, starters. I think they have the potential to be a pretty good group and could make up for any offensive shortcomings we have early on from switching coordinators.

I wouldn't expect any offensive shortcomings early. Other than ND, the pre-season schedule is weak.

I am cautiously optimistic about the defense this year. 4 years of decent recruiting, few departures and lots of returning, good, starters. I think they have the potential to be a pretty good group and could make up for any offensive shortcomings we have early on from switching coordinators.

they weren't that bad last year, with the exception of the IU game and the yards given up to ohio on the ground, considering how many bad spots the offense put them in.

41st in total defense. kinda surprising our rush defense was better than our pass defense, relatively speaking: 29th in rush defense, 51st in PED.

I don't blame the defense for losses against Iowa or Nebraska. I think Iowa in particular was the most frustrating... the second half drives resulted in 5 punts and a fumble.

That and I don't think Michigan has ever really fared too well in Kinnick.

Back