Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Crowd at the Big House

uofm06marine

This is the best video I could find which I though truly did justice to how loud the stadium was. Use all of the adjectives and cliche terms you want, but this "electric" "insane"...anything they all apply when describing the Big House that night.

[flash=350,287:wrsvcsba]http://www.youtube.com/v/wDG3pK7yQNs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:wrsvcsba]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

I'm more curious to hear how loud it was when they werent playing music. You get a little taste of it at the end there.

I fully expected it to be loud. What these people who talk about the "quiet house" still don't get is that UofM hired structural engineers with these renovations and they were put to work to design the stadium in order to make it loud. The "quiet house" idea was always partly due to the way Michigan Stadium was designed before. "Fans" of other teams that mention this are simply ignorant of present day science and acoustics at MIchigan Stadium.

After the piped in music was turned off it was still loud. The chants and yelling continued.

by the 3rd Q, my voice would break when I tried to keep a sustained yell... my voice was almost gone by the end of it.

Yelling began to give me a splitting headache around the 3rd Q and my voice was pretty much gone by the end too

I picked up my daughter on Sunday and one of the first things she asked is if I was sick because my voice sounded horrible.

watching some of the videos after still gives me the chills.

It sure does. I'm watching the fourth quarter right now. Can't get enough it seems.

Watched it last night with the little guy, we made a pizza and turned up the surround sound ...man, it seems really loud on TV compared to any other game I can remember watching

Back