Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

I still hate that awful song.

Our national anthem is bad enough, but fine, tradition and all that. And they cut it off so we don't sing the really tedious parts or the pro-slavery verse at least.

I think we should have two national anthems... Yankee Doodle and John Brown's Body. Better. And both more rousing than God Bless America or the Star Spangled Banner.

Literally, if we?re going to keep the not that easy to sing ?The Star Spangled Banner? as the national anthem, I think Congress should disavow the third verse.

In a better world where ?The Star Spangled Banner? remains the national anthem the fourth verse would be what we sing. Like byco said, if the national anthem went away before sporting events, it wouldn?t change my life much.

Well, like you said, it ain?t the greatest song ever written. It ain?t no ?White Christmas,? ?Easter Parade,? or ?Putin? on the Ritz.?

Yeah, it?s probably better than anything written by RadioHead, except maybe for Creep, which it?s probably about equal to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ab7Ny...gZnJhbmtlbnN0ZWluIHB1dHRpbiBvbiB0aGUgcml0eg==

MAN! any one of the songs on OK Computer is 100 times better than "God Bless America," even "Fitter, Happier" which isn't really much of a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4SzvsMFaek

Also on the topic of Libtards and Republitards ruining the country, it turns out the Florida mom that got a poem written by a little girl and read at Biden's inauguration banned, has shared (among other awful things) a post on her facebook page "offering a summary of ?The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,? a notorious antisemitic forgery written more than a century ago in Russia."

Whoops. Now she's doing a "no, I'm not an anti-semite, I once saw 'Fiddler on the Roof'" kinda defense, and wants people to feel sorry for her.

The full text of "The Hill We Climb" is here. I just read it. If any part of the poem offends you, you're most likely a complete piece of shit. If you're the sort of person that would get a poem banned whether or not you've read it, you're also most likely a complete piece of shit.

"[Salinas] said the books about Cuba that she challenged ?don?t tell the whole story about Cuba, communism, the dictators, their people that are dying and trying to come to America.?"

It's always funny to hear Cuban Americans complain about Communism, and when they let them talk off-script it's like "Castro was terrible. My family lost our sugar plantation and all the slaves we used to beat when he took over." ...and American Republicans truly feel sorry for them. It's a shame the Communists didn't respect private property like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
"[Salinas] said the books about Cuba that she challenged ?don?t tell the whole story about Cuba, communism, the dictators, their people that are dying and trying to come to America.?"

It's always funny to hear Cuban Americans complain about Communism, and when they let them talk off-script it's like "Castro was terrible. My family lost our sugar plantation and all the slaves we used to beat when he took over." ...and American Republicans truly feel sorry for them. It's a shame the Communists didn't respect private property like that.

boy, there's an awful lot of people who used to own sugar plantations in Cuba living in Miami - on the order of 850k of them in Miami-Dade county alone. Seems like there were almost as many plantation owners as workers.

I'm still frequently shocked (and always amused) to realize you're actually dumb enough to say some of the things you say.

Last edited:
Is the deal good?

Dunno.

First of all, strident partisans on both sides are panning for the deal apparently made between the the POTUS and the new and untested Speaker of the HOR from Kern county, Bakersfield, Nashville West.

That?s a good thing IMHO.

I?m sure everyone on this board knows I have posted that back when I was a Republican, I liked Joe Biden ? that was a lot of years ago, and I wondered - what?s wrong with this guy? Why don?t the Democrats nominate him?

So we?ll see.

Last edited:
It wasn?t slavery.

More like the LeBron Jamesian ChiCom cast system that exists today.

Enter the obligatory hippy anthem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld6fAO4idaI&pp=ygUSYmxvd2luIGluIHRoZSB3aW5k

not only was it not slavery, but it wasn't even close to just the dispossessed wealthy Cuban landowners complaining about communism because they could no longer be horrible people, while everyone else just loved it because the communists were such wonderful people (like his hero, the genocidal racist Che Guevarra). In order to think or say something like that, either he's a total moron or he thinks everyone else is. I imagine it's a combination of the two.

Last edited:
At the behest of Kershaw, the Dodgers are reviving this.

As far as the controversial sisters, Kershaw says nobody should mock anyone else?s religion.

So here we all are.

Literally, if we?re going to keep the not that easy to sing ?The Star Spangled Banner? as the national anthem, I think Congress should disavow the third verse.

In a better world where ?The Star Spangled Banner? remains the national anthem the fourth verse would be what we sing. Like byco said, if the national anthem went away before sporting events, it wouldn?t change my life much.

I agree with this post, and I think it's great that it's got enough range to be a bit of a challenge and give artists an opportunity to really shine (or fail.)

Pretty sure he's not going to be allowed back on fox news...he ran circles around Hannity.

I only saw a couple minute clip from an article I read. In that clip Newsome was trying to blame the governator for the homeless problem in California. He looked pretty clownish in that couple of minutes - Arnold has been out of office for 12 years. Since then Democrat governors have spent billions of dollars on the issue and the homeless problem has gotten far worse.

Hopefully, he looked better than he did in that clip and in his 28th amendment proposal video in the rest of the Hannity interview.

Last edited:
I only saw a couple minute clip from an article I read. In that clip Newsome was trying to blame the governator for the homeless problem in California. He looked pretty clownish in that couple of minutes - Arnold has been out of office for 12 years. Since then Democrat governors have spent billions of dollars on the issue and the homeless problem has gotten far worse.

Hopefully, he looked better than he did in that clip and in his 28th amendment proposal video in the rest of the Hannity interview.

You should be all for the homeless. Capitalism at its finest. Rich get richer means those at the bottom will suffer. #Merica

Yes, because as we all know, Republicans are the real champions when it comes to addressing homelessness. :lmao:

The Republican solution to homelessness is to pass laws that make it illegal. Great plan! :tup:

You should be all for the homeless. Capitalism at its finest. Rich get richer means those at the bottom will suffer. #Merica

that has nothing to do with capitalism. Homelessness is only good for politicians, particularly those on the left. That's why they do nothing about it - same with gun control. They don't want to put themselves out of business.

Yes, because as we all know, Republicans are the real champions when it comes to addressing homelessness. :lmao:

The Republican solution to homelessness is to pass laws that make it illegal. Great plan! :tup:

even if that were true, which it obviously isn't, would that be worse than spending 10s of billions of dollars to make it worse like Newsome has done? Of course it would be worse because you're a leftist and what matters most to leftists is virtue signaling and name calling (hence this post). Your motto should be "Results? We don't need no stinking results..."

Who needs results when you have emojis?

Last edited:
Back