Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cuntler Inks Seven Year Deal

That's quite a commitment for the Bears.

Cutler will be 31 at the start of next season, it's being reported that Cutler will earn an average of $18 million in the first 3 seasons of the contract.

Cutler's 2013 stats before the injury (how it compares to other QBs this season in brackets)

6+ games

146/225 (64.9%) [7th]
1658 yards (roughly 276 yards per game excluding Washington) [7th]
12 TDs [projected to 600 attempts, 32 TDs, T-4th]
7 Ints [projected to 600 attempts, 18+ Ints, 7th most]
7.37 YPA [10th]
11.36 YPR
91.7 QBRating [10th]

$18 Million puts him at about the 6th highest paid QB, the above stats under Trestman has him around 7th-10th in most stats. After looking into the statistics, the deal doesn't look too bad. Biggest concern will be how well he ages.

He seems to be injured a lot. I'm not sure I would have given him 7 years. Especially when McCown did just as well or better..

If I was a Bears fan I'm not sure I like this.

Marshall is a UFA after 2014, Jeffery and Forte after 2015

Luckily for Cutler he has some WRs who can make plays, he just has to stay healthy and not throw the ball to the other team.

If the Lions get an offensive-minded coach and they continue to build up the offense, we could see some shootouts for a few years between these teams.

Or a bunch of bad play.. I hope Staff doesn't get a long contract like that.

positive - we get to play jay cutler atleast 14 more times.

negative - we have the 3rd best qb in the division until atleast 2020.

Funny

Attachments

• IMG_91920892196881.jpg
    IMG_91920892196881.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
Back