Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dave Brandon purposely trying to ruin my bedtime in 2015 (Utah opener announced)

MAIZEandBLUE09

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062712aaa.html

Utah will host Michigan in Rice-Eccles Stadium in the 2015 season opener as a part of a home-and-home series that begins with a 2014 game in Ann Arbor. Michigan will make its first Salt Lake City appearance on Sept. 3, 2015 in a rare weekday game for the Wolverines, who have never played on a Thursday. The first game of the series is scheduled for Sept. 20, 2014 in Michigan Stadium

THURSDAY....WTF Dave Brandon. Doesn't he know I go to bed at 9? This is like the Sugar Bowl all over again. We're all going to be going into work on Friday like zombies, not to mention not being apart of the first football Saturday of the season.

He also announced that we will not play ND in 18 and 19. I think the Utah game has more to do with that coop deal between the B10 and the PAC 12. I know RR wanted to play us but looks like we are playing Utah Colorado and Oregon St in the next few years. I look at opening on Thurs as giving a few extra rest days before the 2nd game that year although by then the 2013 recruits would be 3 years in and we should be dominate if we can get some RB's and WR's.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...re-dame-fighting-irish-rivalry-hiatus-2018-19

Whoa... we finally agree to a home-and-home... and it's with UTAH on a THURSDAY?

All this talk about not being able to do home-and-homes because of the loss of revenue, then we schedule a bush league opponent like that.

I'm guessing this is part of the BigTen-PAC12 tie-in; otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Then it doesn't make sense. The official tie-in doesn't begin until 2017 at the earliest.

Then it doesn't make sense. The official tie-in doesn't begin until 2017 at the earliest.

ok, so we agree on that.

if you're going to do a home-and-home, after all the statements about losing revenue, do it with a Texas, Georgia, or Oklahoma or something... or let's get an Oregon rematch. They deserve a serious beatdown.

He also announced that we will not play ND SUCKS (fixed) in 18 and 19. I think the Utah game has more to do with that coop deal between the B10 and the PAC 12. I know RR wanted to play us but looks like we are playing Utah Colorado and Oregon St in the next few years. I look at opening on Thurs as giving a few extra rest days before the 2nd game that year although by then the 2013 recruits would be 3 years in and we should be dominate if we can get some RB's and WR's.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...re-dame-fighting-irish-rivalry-hiatus-2018-19

I fixed your first sentence

also,
Notre Dame sucks....

Noter dame sucks

And the Utah, Oregon State, etc are definitely part of the B10 & P12 deal ...only we get the scrubby MWC team we've played in the past along with the worse Oregon program. LAME!

Though flights from DIA to SLC are cheap and short and fwiw, the Utah stadium is a decent setting at the base of the mountains and would be a better road trip than fucking LINCOLN, Nebraska would be to make.

Noter dame sucks

And the Utah, Oregon State, etc are definitely part of the B10 & P12 deal ...only we get the scrubby MWC team we've played in the past along with the worse Oregon program. LAME!

Though flights from DIA to SLC are cheap and short and fwiw, the Utah stadium is a decent setting at the base of the mountains and would be a better road trip than fucking LINCOLN, Nebraska would be to make.

Plus you can get 3.2 beer in Utah...

ugh on thursday night

football does not rule my life
keep it on saturdays

No, you're entirely right DR - its just the B10 & P12 playing nice and dating before getting married ....and you can actually get full-on alcohol in Utah now. There's even vodka made in Utah and the Utes are the secular school vs 100% Mormon BYU, where there's no beer at all.

Don't care how late it is but Thursday? Are we in the Big East? And Utah? This is pretty lame. I also like to beat ND on a yearly basis.

No, you're entirely right DR - its just the B10 & P12 playing nice and dating before getting married ....and you can actually get full-on alcohol in Utah now. There's even vodka made in Utah and the Utes are the secular school vs 100% Mormon BYU, where there's no beer at all.

I was there in '04 for a ski trip to Alta and Snowbird. It wasn't as bad as I imagined; the city was pretty clean at least. I remember drinking that beer brewed there... "Polygamy Porter" was what it was called. heh.

they had liquor, but in bars, it was limited to 1 oz. servings; made getting a martini kinda pointless. not sure if it's still like that.

also, you had to technically become a "member" to drink in a bar. Basically this amounted to paying a cover charge everywhere you went, and, if I remember correctly, everything closed at 1 am.

at this juncture, I have no plans to attend this; if it was somehow later in the season so I could tie it in with a ski trip... maybe

i just like being a bit more well-rounded. :)

If it doesn't rule your life will you be skipping the game? I think the problem is that it does rule all of our lives therefore we all instantly just realized we will all be staying up extra late on a random Thursday night in the future.

Back