Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmas cut

Had to happen. Good player but injury prone. We can recover.

Had to happen. Good player but injury prone. We can recover.

When you look at being injury prone and the fact he makes some silly mental mistakes he's average, above average maybe.

He had a roster bonus due so they saved an extra 500 K. Delmas could come back but now they' have money for a Bethea or Chris Clemons unless they go the draft route.

One of CB, WR or Safety, maybe two will come from free agency with the room they've created.

Delmas hit the market last year and came back. Could happen again.

They could bring him back. He tested the market last year. But I'm betting Bethea or Chris Clemons. But they could go CB and WR in free agency and get a safety in the draft then. Lots of options.

I doubt he'll be back. It doesn't really bother me either. At first I used to hope that the team kept every player on the team that was at least decent, but he's a little too old to be taking bad angles and missle-ing himself into guys without going for the strip or tackle. Having a really reliable guy in his place would go a long way for this defense.

I've always liked Delmas to a certain degree, but I'm curious how his missing 2 days of practice every week will put off some teams.

He tested the market last year and was still brought back under a ridiculous 2 year deal. I was hoping they would just wash their hands with him this offseason, they can do much better at safety

Not surprised and I'm actually starting to think the new coaching staff is making good moves so far..still don't understand the Jim bob cooter hire but hey all in all I think they might actually be moving in the right direction

Like him or not, Delmas is one of the better coverage S in the NFL. I would like him back.....at the right price.

Someone mentioned it earlier.....are teams willing to give him the practice schedule Schwartz did in order to keep him healthy? Is Caldwell?

It's hard to price a player like Delmas. Good S....not great. Stayed healthy last year, but only with a greatly reduced practice schedule, but has a massive injury red flag. Good leader, but isn't on the field enough.

A 2 year 5M deal would be nice.

i think he'll test the market like last year and then return and as boogy said 2 yr 5 mil sounds good

People have mentioned it but Delmas goes for the hit, always. Gets too many penalties, seems like always at the wrong time, and because be is so reckless injuries are more apt to happen. He seems to not care about making sound tackles and maybe even trying for an INT.

I guess I don't see him as a good S, not anymore. It's too easy too say"he can be good if be cuts down the penalties and stays healthy".

Time to move on.

People have mentioned it but Delmas goes for the hit, always. Gets too many penalties, seems like always at the wrong time, and because be is so reckless injuries are more apt to happen. He seems to not care about making sound tackles and maybe even trying for an INT.

I guess I don't see him as a good S, not anymore. It's too easy too say"he can be good if be cuts down the penalties and stays healthy".

Time to move on.

I'm with you on this. I was ready to see Delmas walk last year.

Chris Clemons had 0 penatlies against him last year. Very good in coverage for Miami. He's my number 1 choice, then Antoine Bethea (age). Byrd, Ward and Whitner will get the big bucks.

Malcom Jenkins or Stevie Brown (injury but an int machine the year before for the Giants) intrigue me too.

Back