Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard being Denard thanking family

I love Denard and everything, but why would you call yourself "a great young man"? I could see if he said a "hard worker" or "respectful young man". Just weird...but whatever.

I love Denard and everything, but why would you call yourself "a great young man"? I could see if he said a "hard worker" or "respectful young man". Just weird...but whatever.

He probably wrote that thinking of it as a compliment to his parents more than anything egotistical. As a current high school teacher with multiple years teaching students at a Big Ten University (as a graduate teaching assistant) I can assure you, kids do not know how to express their thoughts properly in writing.

I guarantee you if tens of thousands of people read and analyzed all of our internet posts we would come across as worse then "Just weird"

..hell I had to edit this post three times before I stopped.

Last edited:
He probably wrote that thinking of it as a compliment to his parents more than anything egotistical. As a current high school teacher with multiple years teaching students at a Big Ten University (as a graduate teaching assistant) I can assure you, kids do not know how to express their thoughts properly in writing.

I guarantee you if tens of thousands of people read and analyzed all of our internet posts we would come across as worse then "Just weird"

spot on

So are you putting "worse" and "just wierd" sequentially, Teach?

First we're worse, then we're just wierd?

whatever. He just graduated with a degree from the University of Michigan and you guys agree that he doesn't know how to express himself with words?

That's not saying much.

He shouldn't call himself 'great'

Hey Tinse (I borrowed that from RABID. Thanks, RABID), it's "weird," not "wierd." Just sayin'.

For those unaware, Tinsel was hammering my posts a while back. Time for payback.

Last edited:

OK. So not 'spot on" then. But I agree with the sentiment. I don't think DR intended to brag. I think he intended to give credit to his family.

"... my family raised a great young man." I have no problem with this statement. He says "my family raised..." therefore giving credit to his family for a job well done. While it can be interpreted in more than one way, I understand his intent, and how it is interpreted says more about the interpreter than the one who said it.

"... my family raised a great young man." I have no problem with this statement. He says "my family raised..." therefore giving credit to his family for a job well done. While it can be interpreted in more than one way, I understand his intent, and how it is interpreted says more about the interpreter than the one who said it.

Snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshoppah...

I don't want a bunch of losers from the current ESPN boards coming over here -- there was nobody left on the M board who didn't come over or know how to come join us and hasn't, but no point in having trolls there get a hold of the board info here.

It will just mean more annoying work for the Moderators, anyways

OK. Can I say 'spot on' this time? If we're up against a potential flood of ESPN refugees, Rumsey is introducing them to a level of message board insight they might not be used to.

Perhaps it will scare the worst of them away? Not likely.

I still disagree. He is saying that he's great and then he credits his family. Wouldn't it be better to simply say something like, "Thanks to my family for making me who I am?" Man! That was hard and I don't even have a 4 year degree from UofM and I wasn't the QB at Michigan. I wasn't even a captain on the football team.

This is silly to talk about and not that big of a deal, but he still shouldn't have said it like that.

I still disagree. He is saying that he's great and then he credits his family. Wouldn't it be better to simply say something like, "Thanks to my family for making me who I am?" Man! That was hard and I don't even have a 4 year degree from UofM and I wasn't the QB at Michigan. I wasn't even a captain on the football team.

This is silly to talk about and not that big of a deal, but he still shouldn't have said it like that.

I think even Denard would agree with you. I just don't think he put that much thought into it.

It was On twitter so sometimes grammar nit great

It us obvious listening to him he did not learn great grammar but he supposedly did well enoigh in school

But he IS a "great young man."

Off-Season + Semantics = Threads that go like This

Last edited:
Back