Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

denards arm injury?

kiddkush

Most of ya must have missed it including the media.. but during the game on the btn today they said denard hurt his arm in practice on Thursday and that his passes would be limited.. its 1:52am and I'm @ work but I have it recorded and I'll let ya kno were its @ but you can tell by the way he ran. He always kept his right arm straight

He had a hurt shoulder so the OC thought it was a good idea to run him 26 times. WTF?

I was stating a fact I didnt say it made it all right. I would not have ran him in the 4th at all. But some of those run calls could be on Denard and not on the OC.

Then up 28 -3 why the hell didn't we see Devin... I mean it would be nice to get him some decent reps in a game...

At 5 mins in Q2 the play by play guy says he has a 'sore arm' ....right after overthrowing Hemingway

First, according to the box score (unless I'm reading it wrong), Denard ran three times in the 4th quarter. Second, the only such thing as getting good "reps" for a backup QB would be when that QB is thrown into the starter position. Coming in with 5 mins left against Eastern, and handing the ball off several times does not account for productive minutes.

dubbsco said:
First, according to the box score (unless I'm reading it wrong), Denard ran three times in the 4th quarter. Second, the only such thing as getting good "reps" for a backup QB would be when that QB is thrown into the starter position. Coming in with 5 mins left against Eastern, and handing the ball off several times does not account for productive minutes.
It's more productive than holding a clip board on the side line.

Jever4321 said:
dubbsco said:
It's more productive than holding a clip board on the side line.

Oh yeah? Well, what if Hoke puts Devin out there in the 4th quarter and HE gets hurt??!?! What then?!?!?!

given how inconsistent our offense has been, I'm guessing they felt the potential for injury was outweighed by the experienced we'd gain with added reps for the 1st team offense.

I don't think that was necessarily a bad call.

Back