Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions FA Thread

It's all about $tafford. Get him more play toys..one day we'll have a decent defense.

Nothing would shock me other than QB, RB, or S. I think everything else is fair game at #10. (Obviously not K/P so before any wise ass points that out)

jhonny manziel would shock me lol. I seriously wouldn't know what to do......

would u be shocked if they did draft gilbert?

a little...I just think they will roll with Houston and Slay.

We might know a little more after the first OTAs coming up , they will get a read on Slay and how he has progressed.

personally, i want nothing to do with Lewan. he was abused by nearly every DE down the stretch of the B1G season. i think the State game affected him and his confidence a lot more than he would ever admit. that and his mental issues could end up being a very bad thing for a team trying to get over making stupid, drive killing, mental mistakes. his kiddie games won't fly in the NFL.

(obvious bias, but i just want no part in that)

I still wouldn't mind Ha Ha. S might not be a big need anymore but I'd still be okay with it.

Yup loved last years draft....xanders kept him in line thru rd 4 lol. Reiff pick was great value at a position of need. I didnt agree with playing a 1st rd tackle at part time fb lol. At the least he shouldve started over peterman at rg. If you wanted to keep him at tackle and cherilus wasnt in ur future plans he should have played at rt.

O because you saw the war room with Xanders in there making holding Mayhew hand on every pick? Not saying Xanders doesn't get any of the credit, because clearly he does, but dude I have to agree your blind Mayhew hate is sickening.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/03/what_exactly_does_brian_xander.html

O because you saw the war room with Xanders in there making holding Mayhew hand on every pick? Not saying Xanders doesn't get any of the credit, because clearly he does, but. ude I have to agree your blind Mayhew hate is sickening.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/03/what_exactly_does_b. an_xander.html

Have you sat in the war room with mayhew? Were you the one telling him to piss away picks in the best leshoure deals? To pick a nutcase and a 4th string cripple in back to back years at wr? Deal up for whitehead just so we can cut Hogue....so whitehead could be our 5th string lb instead and we can lose 2 picks lol. Its not "blind hatred" when a person in the position hes in continues to fuck up this roster every year. Avril debacle he got burnt, schwartz extension, mike thomas, overpaying nate and kvb to be glorified cheerleaders. Then the first year xanders is here we nail the draft from top to bottom....for the first time...ever. and im supposed to chalk that up to a coincidence? Mayhew sucks at his job. If you want to talk about being blind ill point to each one of you that cant see his record since hes been here lol. In a league full a parity...we've picked top 15 how many times since hes been here? Nice job mayhew!

Last edited:
Have you sat in the war room with mayhew? Were you the one telling him to piss away picks in the best leshoure deals? To pick a nutcase and a 4th string cripple in back to back years at wr? Deal up for whitehead just so we can cut Hogue....so whitehead could be our 5th string lb instead and we can lose 2 picks lol. Its not "blind hatred" when a person in the position hes in continues to fuck up this roster every year. Avril debacle he got burnt, schwartz extension, mike thomas, overpaying nate and kvb to be glorified cheerleaders. Then the first year xanders is here we nail the draft from top to bottom....for the first time...ever. and im supposed to chalk that up to a coincidence? Mayhew sucks at his job. If you want to talk about being blind ill point to each one of you that cant see his record since hes been here lol. In a league full a parity...we've picked top 15 how many times since hes been here? Nice job mayhew!

mr. negative now is mr can see in the mind of Mayhew? should we call u professor Xavier?

Honest, we all say this was Mayhews best draft (2013). It can't be a coincidence that Xanders happened to show up. Can't, 100%, say Mayhew didn't do shit but I can take an educated guess that Xanders was the main guy.

ya...it sure does get boring reading your posts. no content. no opinion. just "how does that make you feel?" "mr positive strikes again" "Heres mock draft # 9650..what do you guys think this time since my first 9649 of them sucked ass?" Id yawn too if I was you...

Last edited:
ya...it sure does get boring reading your posts. no content. no opinion. just "how does that make you feel?" "mr positive strikes again" "Heres mock draft # 9650..what do you guys think this time since my first 9649 of them sucked ass?" Id yawn too if I was you...

yawn again

yawn again

Nothing hughes posted was event remotely wrong. What in the hell are you yawning at?

That has been your M.O. going back as far as I can remember... post retarded mock drafts which aren't even mock drafts, just random scenarios, post "How do you feel about X topic" bullshit as often as possible, and try to insult people who clearly know more than you about both football and life to gain "forum cred" here and there.

What is there, aside from your act, to yawn about? His one post about how terrible of a poster you are had more substance than every post you have ever put together.

The single best part about football season is knowing you will vanish until it's time to talk about free agents and the draft again.

I hadn't really thought about taking Lewan at 10 to be honest. I really liked Waddle last year but Lewan would still be a huge upgrade. Plus I still think Reiff is more of a RT and Lewan will be a very good LT. But we still had one of the top OLs last year so I don't necessarily see the need at Tackle. However, we need to take a center in round 3 or 4 this year. I still hate the idea of trading up for Watkins, I am really struggling seeing the top end value of missing out on a high pick. The draft is to damn far away they need to change it back this was a terrible idea.

Back