Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions interview Florida State University l

sansumo

MOBILE, Ala. -- Florida State left tackle Zebrie Sanders can imagine himself in a Detroit Lions uniform.
Sanders enjoys the thought of protecting quarterback Matthew Stafford's blindside for several seasons. He can see himself creating holes in Detroit's running game. Detroit finished the regular season 10-6 and Sanders believes Detroit is on the rise.
It is why Sanders said he enjoyed his conversation with Detroit's coaching staff during this week's Senior Bowl in Mobile.
"It was pretty good (meeting with the Lions)," Sanders said. "I was able to talk to all the coaches and see their standpoint. They're a great organization. I feel like if I was to go to them, I could fit well with their offense. Time will tell. We'll see."
Detroit must like what its seeing from Sanders this week.
Sanders (6-foot-5 and 308) has dominated opposing defensive lineman during individual and team drills this week. He is rated as the fourth best tackle in this year's draft by ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr.
Detroit left tackle Jeff Backus is 34-years old and recovering from surgery on his biceps. He is slated to become an unrestricted free agent in March, which explains why Detroit might look for a long-term solution in this year's draft.
"I'm taking it day by day," Sanders said. "Definitely going against all these good (defensive) ends and all these good defensive tackles will help me for the long run. I think it definitely makes me feel better (to play well against elite competition). It's a lot better than getting beat left and right."

I can see myself in a lions jersey too. If there's a LT out there that's good enough to start year one, i have no issue taking him over a CB. I prefer a CB or S, but I'd take a LT or G even if they'll help.

It all depends on who else is available. I wouldn't take Zebrie before Glenn, Decastro, or Dennard, but all of those guys could easily be picked before us. He seems like a solid late first rounder, the question is whether or not some solid early or mid-first rounder falls.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Why would you want Dennard? He's looked like an udfa at the senior bowl..

I wouldn't go that far, but he definitely hasn't looked as good as he played in Nebraska. The speed receivers have been eating him alive.

I thought sanders' weight was going to be an issue. most sites had him listed at 290 lbs. If hes 308 already its a good sign. More options the better at this point.

Yeah, I may have overestimated Dennard, but I also don't think his stock should plummet after one week in a brand new environment. Certainly his career should be the bigger determinant in his stock.

everyoneneedsasmil said:
Yeah, I may have overestimated Dennard, but I also don't think his stock should plummet after one week in a brand new environment. Certainly his career should be the bigger determinant in his stock.

What do you think a week at the combine does to players?

Back