Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

detroit lions playoff chances

dtroitlionsfan951

I believe we at least get wildcard with one more win. We win division with last week win.

Also we should make it in even if we lose out and washington loses week 17 to the giants.

With Tampa Bay losing even if they win week 17 they would have an equal record as well as equal record with conference records. So it would come down to common games. If we lose out we will be 3-2 in common games with wins over the bears, rams, and saints. Losses to the bears, and cowboys. While the saints are 2-3 with losses to saints, rams, and cowboys. And wins against saints and bears. So we are innnn if we either win a single game. Or if Washington loses.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Sounds right with doing the 538 playoff predictor. Sucks the Giants are already in, so the Lions need to win one because I don't see them playing their starters against Washington.

Sounds right with doing the 538 playoff predictor. Sucks the Giants are already in, so the Lions need to win one because I don't see them playing their starters against Washington.

I believe the Giants are still fighting for a bye and a home game though correct?

Still a small chance for a bye, win twice and Atlanta loses.. a bye.

Shame Seattle plays the 49er's. Win out and catch them !!!

Last edited:
Lions win out. Atl loses to saints. Lions get a bye

IFFFFF youre the cowgirls and youre going to rest one of the weeks.....id probably do it this week. I wouldnt want to rest guys week 17 then get a 1st round bye and go into rd 2 of the playoffs without playing in 3 weeks. Thats if they rest guys at all though which i doubt they do for MNF.

They may rest injured guys. Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, Bryant, Tyrone Crawford. Maybe not as many carries for Elliott.

I hope the Cowboys don't rest anybody, this game is a reality check for the Lions. If we get our asses kicked it might motivate us for the more important game next Sunday night

Lions win and they are in playoffs. Plenty of motivation

Lions win and they are in playoffs. Plenty of motivation

I know, I'm just saying I hope everybody plays, I don't want us gifted any games by resting starters. Gotta beat the best at their best, no excuses. Either way, this team and Stafford proved EVERYBODY wrong this year. I'm proud of this team, and I'm glad that Quin is running the show, even though this years draft wasnt sexy. I think he's the most capable gm we've had since I became a fan.

Last edited:
I know, I'm just saying I hope everybody plays, I don't want us gifted any games by resting starters. Gotta beat the best at their best, no excuses.

Lions deserve gifts the next 50 years given how much bad luck they have had

I know, I'm just saying I hope everybody plays, I don't want us gifted any games by resting starters. Gotta beat the best at their best, no excuses. Either way, this team and Stafford proved EVERYBODY wrong this year. I'm proud of this team, and I'm glad that Quin is running the show, even though this years draft wasnt sexy. I think he's the most capable gm we've had since I became a fan.

They didn't prove me wrong. I said they were this good. Nobody listened. Quinn kept Mayhews starters. Added a tackle. Obvious choice for mayhew too. Nice st and depth adds by Quinn though

Last edited:
They didn't prove me wrong. I said they were this good. Nobody listened

I'd say they're on the rise, not good. Quin will be responsible for making us good, and within the next few years imo. Steady improvement every year is what I'm looking forward to.

I'd say they're on the rise, not good. Quin will be responsible for making us good, and within the next few years imo. Steady improvement every year is what I'm looking forward to.

10 to 11 wins is good. Lots of talent. Abdullah back, add a de and nickel CB and guard and own the division.

Abdullah is better than what we've got now, yes, but hes still unproven. Who knows, he mightve fumbled his way back onto the bench for all we know, and cost us a few games while doing it. I see no reason to not take a look at some other backs this off season. Draft, FA, whatever

10 to 11 wins is good. Lots of talent. Abdullah back, add a de and nickel CB and guard and own the division.

OUTSIDE CB, DE, Guard, RB, Safety, penetrating DT, and we've got possibly a great nickel in Lawson.

Last edited:
Back