Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit @ Nashville Game # 1

Who's going to knock Weber off his pins? Abdelkader? Kronwall?

Pretty even game for the most part, they just got more lucky breaks. I say Weber gets suspended for a couple of games because he was making an attempt to injure a player after the game.

I would be surprised if he gets anything.. its the Wings. Not a chance he gets suspended for more then a game .... Not going to happen.

Last edited:
There is no way the NHL will suspend Webber, because he is Shea Webber. Malkin got an instigator in the last 5 min in the 2009 finals. That's supposed to be a automatic suspension but none from the NHL.

The refs were terrible in this game overall. The penalties evened out in the end so the wings have no excuse there. NSH took advanatge of some good bounces and Pekka Rinne came up big for them when they needed him too. That is how you win playoff games no matter how they are played.

That being said i hope to not see another game played that way. It ruins all of what playoff hockey is all about physical play, fast moving games and exciting rushes this game lacked that for a lot of it because of all the penalties.

He is to brittle now... He would be in jail and on the DL.

He can still handle himself ok in a fight. I'm not saying that he would be giving Bob Probert a run for his money but he could handle anyone on NSH unless they dress Brian Mcgrattan which will not happen for any games in the playoffs. The wings frown on him fighting (as well as the rest of the team) because their philosophy is keeping their players on the ice. I have said for a while that the team needs to get bigger and tougher but no point in dwelling on it now

There were 17 penalties called and the Wings were the best team 5 on 5 in the regular season and Nashville had the best power play in the regular season and it almost backfired on little Napoleon Bettman because the wings got 2 pp goals to0 for Nashville and the wings were the better team last two periods on shooting them 32-13.. If it was not for 2 fluke goals the wings win 2-1....I am pumped for Friday. Wings will be pissed because of the Weber hit and maybe we will pounce early.. Funny with all the penalties called the refs missed Pavel getting mugged all game long...

Last edited:
I have a new found hatred for Weber and the rest of this goon team. Listen to this statement by Barry Trotz regarding the hit on Zetterberg: "I just think Zetterberg was getting tired at the end," Trotz said. "He knew Webs was there and the game was over."

What an asshole.

I have a new found hatred for Weber and the rest of this goon team. Listen to this statement by Barry Trotz regarding the hit on Zetterberg: "I just think Zetterberg was getting tired at the end," Trotz said. "He knew Webs was there and the game was over."

What an asshole.

Trotz-kys comment on Zetterberg "hitting Weber first" is equally idiotic.

Last edited:
pretty bush league game and you have to give the Preds fans a D+ for creativity.

Hey, Preds fans ... 2002 Avalanche Fans called and want their chant back!

This is just outrageous. Plotzky is just making crap up. What Weber did was out of control and he deserves multiple games off for it. Screw the preds.

Weber fined $2,500.00 for smashing Zetterberg's face in the glass. No suspension.

What a hose job. Way to help out the team that you owe three cup rings to, Shanny.

Clearly politics played a role: Shanahan, an ex-Wing, could not show favoritism toward a current one, but had to mete out some punishment to another marquee player who's team would suffer with a suspension.

If Coburn bounces Crosby's head off the glass, he's gone for two games minimum.

Back