Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks

tigermud

Tough decisions to make when Dirks is ready to come back which may be right around the corner as early as this weekend for the Toronto series. How's this going to play out let the speculation begin.

DFA Kelly or Raburn. Rather keep Raburn over Kelly in case Raburn can find his second half stroke. Kelly is not/never will be a major league player.

DFA Kelly or Raburn. Rather keep Raburn over Kelly in case Raburn can find his second half stroke. Kelly is not/never will be a major league player.

Rather keep the guy who can sub on defense. Raburn is more than useless.

I believe neither will be DFA since both players have value to an NL team given their ability to play multiple positions. You can rest assured the Tigers are going to make at least 1 more trade before the deadline even if its a minor one.

I believe neither will be DFA since both players have value to an NL team given their ability to play multiple positions. You can rest assured the Tigers are going to make at least 1 more trade before the deadline even if its a minor one.

Raburn won't play 2B any longer. Not even in emergency, he stunk there.

Both players are completely useless, Tigers have enough subs for defense once Dirks comes back. Wastes of roster spots for the both of them. Raburn has more worth than Kelly though.

Both players are completely useless, Tigers have enough subs for defense once Dirks comes back. Wastes of roster spots for the both of them. Raburn has more worth than Kelly though.

How does Raburn have more worth when Kelly is a better defender? Neither can hit, oh I know -- if Raburn gets hot, if Raburn goes nuts in the 2nd half, if Raburn this and if Raburn that - if, if, if..

Kelly would probably have more trade value to an NL team being that he can play all 3 OF spots as well as 1B and 3B.

They don't need Kelly now with Infante.

When Dirks comes back you have Raburn and Berry on the bench as OF, and you have Santiago who can play the IF positions.

Kelly is an extra LH bat we don't really need.

They don't need Kelly now with Infante.

When Dirks comes back you have Raburn and Berry on the bench as OF, and you have Santiago who can play the IF positions.

Kelly is an extra LH bat we don't really need.

Kelly plays OF as well or haven't you noticed he plays for BB not Raburn. If we have a hitter that's going at a .200 clip I want the better defensive player.

I know Thumb you think Raburn is going to start lighting it up.

I know Thumb you think Raburn is going to start lighting it up.

No, actually I think if we had better options he would be released.

But Don Kelly is a LEFT HANDED BAT, we don't need more lefties, we need more righties, so when it comes time to choose, so you keep a shitty RH bat, or a shitty LH bat?

And Kelly is not needed to play OF, as I explained....Ajax, Berry, Dirks, Boesch, Young, Raburn...you don't need anymore OF'ers than that.

Last edited:
Agreed it will probably be Kelly, as they'll inexplicably keep Raburn due to him batting RH.

Raburn just looks hopeless, really no reason he's still on the 40 man at this point.

Kinda feel bad cause dirks was off to such a good start this year. But with Berry adding what he has to the team and BB heating up....i dont think he plays infront of either of them. Sub him in at LF/RF when they need a rest and can play him in LF and Berry in CF when AJ needs a day off. There shouldnt be too many days off if we stay in this battle for 1st. Dirks should play before Raburn everytime imo which makes Raburn useless. Kelly still holds some value for his defensive sub role which Smokes seems to love so much.

No, actually I think if we had better options he would be released.

But Don Kelly is a LEFT HANDED BAT, we don't need more lefties, we need more righties, so when it comes time to choose, so you keep a shitty RH bat, or a shitty LH bat?

And Kelly is not needed to play OF, as I explained....Ajax, Berry, Dirks, Boesch, Young, Raburn...you don't need anymore OF'ers than that.

Most teams only carry 5 outfielders. You don't need a 6th. With Berry and Dirks I can see lefties could be a problem but you don't need a 6th OF so why not have the better defensive one. You really think Dirks and Berry should both sit against LHP?

Btw, guess what Raburn's numbers are against LHP? Vs LHP .163 .221 .250. I don't know what Berry's or Dirks numbers are against LHP but come on.

Last edited:
Btw, I checked. Both Berry and Dirks are hitting better against LHP. So why again should Raburn play? I get what Leyland might do but the obvious choice to get removed from the team is Raburn.

You have 24 hours to apologize. Thank you.

The thing is that Raburn has shown that he can hit Major League pitching. I'm not so sure that Kelly has, but fortunately we won't really be seeing either of them anyways. So frankly, it doesn't really matter to me.

Btw, I checked. Both Berry and Dirks are hitting better against LHP. So why again should Raburn play? I get what Leyland might do but the obvious choice to get removed from the team is Raburn.

You have 24 hours to apologize. Thank you.

Again Mitch, you post something that has to do with NOTHING.

The question is not Dirks/Berry or Raburn, it's Raburn or Kelly.

I swear at times you just can't read an actual post and just go off into la-la land with some concept of what you think someone means, even if they post something else entirely.

Don Kelly only had value to the team as a UTILITY MAN. We don't need him for that now, the IF is covered, and if Dirks, Ajax, and Boesch are the starters, you still have Berry as a defensive replacement.

Now tell me Mitch, what value does Don Kelly have over Raburn? the answer is 0. Both are terrible hitters right now, but Raburn has the edge for two reasons, he has actually hit at times, and he is a Right-Handed Bat....something we are lacking. So when it comes time to have someone go Kelly is far more likely.

Now read this post a minimum of 3 times before responding.

Again Mitch, you post something that has to do with NOTHING.

The question is not Dirks/Berry or Raburn, it's Raburn or Kelly.

I swear at times you just can't read an actual post and just go off into la-la land with some concept of what you think someone means, even if they post something else entirely.

Don Kelly only had value to the team as a UTILITY MAN. We don't need him for that now, the IF is covered, and if Dirks, Ajax, and Boesch are the starters, you still have Berry as a defensive replacement.

Now tell me Mitch, what value does Don Kelly have over Raburn? the answer is 0. Both are terrible hitters right now, but Raburn has the edge for two reasons, he has actually hit at times, and he is a Right-Handed Bat....something we are lacking. So when it comes time to have someone go Kelly is far more likely.

Now read this post a minimum of 3 times before responding.

He's going to tell you that Raburn is worthless as a RH bat because he doesn't hit lefties, so him being a RH bat shouldn't factor into the decision.

Guaranteed.

Last edited:
Back