Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Django Unchained

One of the reasons I love Quentin is he doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything except the quality of his films. Spike lee makes shit movies and comes off as an ass the way he depicts white people.IMO he's very jealous of Quentin's talent.

Last edited:
Also why didn't spike express his anger for the skits Dave chappelle made degrading his slave ancestors?? That was much more degrading..

Last edited:
I think Tarantino has done a great job of using different types of people as heroes in his movies. If you look at the rest of the movies out there you a white male action star but in Tarantino movies we have had women and African Americans as heroes in big budget hollywood movies. Not for the first time but perhaps most gloriously. You can say what you want about Kill Bill being overly violent but the fact that a hot blond was a bad ass was pretty cool. Jews are not generally portrayed as bad ass but damnit Inglorious Bastards made them heroic as hell and incredibly twisted. Only thing I wish in Bastards was that he would have shown his take on the the camps. Then Django obviously he takes a slave and raises him up to be his hero and shows the true color of that era in the south. Tarantino has done a really good job of taking film genres and mixing them with a historically famous time line, then adding in his own flare and empowering the abused. For Spike Lee to comment shows a complete lack of understanding to a superior directors work.

Back