Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Djovocik v Nadal at Rolan Garros 2014

Federer should call it a career. I know he wants to win another title really bad though. I just don't see it happening. Nadal will pass him eventually, but Federer will always be the better player in my opinion. The way Federer beat everyone 5 years back was a thing of beauty. He was a magician on the court while Nadal wins ugly with defense and running around. Nadal gets outplayed but somehow wins. He's a guy who is in incredible shape.

Djokovic was born in the same country as me, I root for him but I don't see him ever winning the French. It's a shame because he's a great player and a really good guy.

Federer should call it a career. I know he wants to win another title really bad though. I just don't see it happening. Nadal will pass him eventually, but Federer will always be the better player in my opinion. The way Federer beat everyone 5 years back was a thing of beauty. He was a magician on the court while Nadal wins ugly with defense and running around. Nadal gets outplayed but somehow wins. He's a guy who is in incredible shape.

Djokovic was born in the same country as me, I root for him but I don't see him ever winning the French. It's a shame because he's a great player and a really good guy.

Agree that Fed is likely done. He has a puncher's chance at Wimbledon in a month but that's it, I'd say. If he doesn't win there, the number to beat is 17. Also agree about Djokovic. I didn't care for him initially but as he's matured and moved to the top of the rankings, he's proven himself to be one of the good guys. The sport is lucky to have guys like Fed, Rafa and Novak at the top. Meanwhile, American tennis has gone completely to hell.

So this year Djokovic wins, before the final.

This is a pretty big deal; assuming he goes on to win the tournament, he will be the third guy to complete the career grand slam in a relatively short period of time.

Back