Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does Anybody Care at All?

That was different. Both teams had gold helmets and the coaches got confused. And Colorado lost to ND.

Bo never had the opportunity to win a National Championship on Jan 1. Even with his undefeated 1971 team that lost to Stanford in the ?72 RB 13-12 on Rod Garcia?s FG with :12 on the clock. An altogether odd game. Fake punts, safeties, M was also stopped in 4th and 1 on Stanford?s 4-yard line.

It was also the last game that Stanford played a game as the ?Indians.?

What I can tell you? I heard it 30 years ago on the radio. Some talking head was saying that there were coaches who were conniving to sneak Bo the coaches championship should he have one his final bowl game. I have no idea how true or not true it is.

Lost anyway to Rodney Peete led USC Trojans. For what it?s worth I was at that game.

What I can tell you? I heard it 30 years ago on the radio. Some talking head was saying that there were coaches who were conniving to sneak Bo the coaches championship should he have one his final bowl game. I have no idea how true or not true it is.

Lost anyway to Rodney Peete led USC Trojans. For what it’s worth I was at that game.

Todd Marinovich was the SC QB in the 1990 RB, which made the loss even more maddening.

And #2 Miami blasted #7 Alabama that season, so Michigan jumping Miami would have been SOME gymnastics.

And there was the “holding” penalty that negated the brilliant fake punt first-down run by Chris Stapleton, too.

Last edited:
Todd Marinovich was the SC QB in the 1990 RB, which made the loss even more maddening.

And #2 Miami blasted #7 Alabama that season, so Michigan jumping Miami would have been SOME gymnastics.

And there was the ?holding? penalty that negated the brilliant fake punt first-down run by Chris Stapleton, too.

What do ya know?

Peete was the QB the year before - and I think a couple of years before that.

Oh well.

It was about a couple generations ago.

Tulsa is playing the Mississippi State Bulldogs in a bowl game coming up here.

Tulsa’s mascot is “Golden Hurricane.”

I never knew that.

Is it just me, or does that name sound like an enormous amount of piss?

Tulsa is playing the Mississippi State Bulldogs in a bowl game coming up here.

Tulsa?s mascot is ?Golden Hurricane.?

I never knew that.

Is it just me, or does that name sound like an enormous amount of piss?

They already played

They had a huge brawl after the game

I just can’t root for Ohio state. But I really hate Alabama also. Hope there is a basketball game on lol. Fields sure looked good though.

sorry...I meant the group of 5

I'm the FCS playoff is riveting. Like watching women's basketball.

The group of 5 schools are never going to have their own playoff. That's admitting that they're not able to play with the power 5 teams, which is not going to happen. Especially when you see the best of them playing with or beating the SEC runner-up relatively consistently in their New Years 6 appearance.

I'm not saying that the conferences are as good top to bottom as the power 5 but the team that gets the group of 5 bid for a NY6 game each year is usually right there with the runner-up of one of the power 5. It's obvious that there is a gap between that and the 3 perennial cheaters, but the gap is there for everyone not named OSU, Bama or Clemson.

The issue I have is this. You aren't going to make a decision to limit yourself to the NIT by creating a second playoff. The other scenario I see playing out is that they'll just put the best of the group of 5 at 9 if the field is 8. This year that would likely mean that Georgia and Cincinnati flip and Cincinnati is still pissed off. At the same time, you can't guarantee a spot to a Group of 5 team in an 8 team playoff because there's a very real possibility that the best team is still only ranked in the teens and bumping out a legitimate top 8 team.

The best option is expansion. From what I have read, that's not likely to happen because of the current contract. Iirc ESPN holds the rights to all of the games and they get some ridiculous 9-figure sum from the playoff games. Of course more games means more money for everyone so I'm not sure how that is an argument for keeping the status quo rather than adding an additional 4+ games.

As for the OP, I don't give a damn anymore. I'm as apathetic as I was in Hoke's last year. This season was a total train wreck and the issues aren't going to be fixed by changing a couple of assistant coaches. OSU is going to likely have another NC and will likely take the lead in the head to head series within the next decade, a feat that seemed unimaginable 15 years ago. Each of the past 2 OSU coaches have had major scandals and all it's cost them is 12 vacated wins and 1 bowl game. Until it's a level playing field again or someone at Michigan realizes that you can get away with paying players, not requiring your players to be students and lying to the NCAA I don't give a shit.

Did I care about college football or the playoff for this year? NO.

I didn't even know osu beat clemson until some nerd texted me about it.

Did I care about college football or the playoff for this year? NO.

I didn't even know osu beat clemson until some nerd texted me about it.

Then you denied yourself the opportunity to see one of the most impressive tackle made this year. Don't care if they called it targeting (it wasn't), it was still spectacular.

Then you denied yourself the opportunity to see one of the most impressive tackle made this year. Don't care if they called it targeting (it wasn't), it was still spectacular.

so-what-stamp-so-what-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-vector-illustration-illustration_csp16511322.jpg

Turned the NC game on while I was doing my work out – typically I like to watch live sports when I do my work out in my home gym.

Going into the end of the first half, the buckeyes are currently getting rolled.

Back