Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dombrowski quotes today

DD apparently is pinning the Tigers '15 rotation on Robbie Ray, of whom he hopes will replace Scherzer. GL with that, Dombrowski. But by then he might not still be around as Tigers GM to take the darts or laurels.

In '14 he MAY be relying on Smyly to replace Fister, Iglesais to replace Peralta, Kinsler tp replace Infante, Cabrera to replace Fielder. Castellanos to replace Cabrera or Dirks?, Nathan to replace Benoit, Holaday tp replace Pena, Lombardozzi to replace Santiago, annnd Krol to replace Coke?

They have three LH SPs in Alvarez, Crosby and Lobsteinm and and two RH SP in Valdez and Stohr, so could one or more be moved to the BP and would be used to provide long relief and make spot starts?

Remaining RPs on the 40-man roster?

Alburquerque
Coke
Marte
Mercedes
Miller
Rondon
Reed
Ortega

Will the Tigers acquire additional RP by trade or FA, and/or from the list above?

I sure hope not.

I'm not upset with this trade, I'm still in bed sleeping. It's one bad dream it'd be over when I awake. No more Lomadozziazzazzio, no more Dirks in LF and Canstellano at 3B. IT'S JUST ONE BAD MOFO DREAM.

WAKE UP, WAKE UP ASSHOLE.

We haven't even seen nick at 3b yet, or really in the pros. He could be excellent, he could blow. But I sure as he'll don't want dirks in left, he's had his run and it isn't what we need. Choo would excite me, I sort of want Beltran too.

We haven't even seen nick at 3b yet, or really in the pros. He could be excellent, he could blow. But I sure as he'll don't want dirks in left, he's had his run and it isn't what we need. Choo would excite me, I sort of want Beltran too.

I'm excited to see what Nick C. can do and I'd be more than comfortable with him if we get a replacement in LF, Choo/Grandy type. But as of right now, Dirks, Jackson, Iggy, and throw in Nick - that's not enough offensive production. Add in Avila as well.

The offense basically rests on Miggy, Vmart and maybe Hunter. That's not much.

He's bad defensively at 3B.

We know this for sure.

Last edited:
His defense notwithstanding, I'm just hoping he can actually be productive at the plate, I'm not as optimistic as many people are to the hype.

Down the road I'm optimistic he can be a good hitter, but yeah, not really all that optimistic he's there yet.

Back