Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Donald Rumsfeld takes a dirt nap. RIP

Errol Morris' documentary on Rumsfeld was... weird.

Rumsfeld does not come out of it looking good, or even competent, but seems he doesn't care about anything. This exchange at the end:
As the documentary closes, Morris asks Rumsfeld why he agreed to the interviews. Rumsfeld responds, "That is a vicious question. I'll be darned if I know."

There's another part, where Morris is questioning him on the DOD memos authorizing the use of torture, and Rumsfeld says he never actually read them. Morris can't even keep his surprise in check.

Donald Rumsfeld The POS Squint eyed fuck stick has died at age 88.

The new celebrity rule of threes is Allison Mack getting sentenced for her sex cult,

Bill Cosby's conviction getting overturned because of prosecutorial incompetence,

and Donald Rumsfeld dying after his ass fell out of his dick.

For those too young to know, Donald Rumsfeld was an atrocious human being whose legacy is engineering unlawful, disastrous & unnecessary wars that continue to traumatize generations. He had no remorse or contrition for his role in the bloodshed.

The genocidal war criminal Donald FuckFace Rumsfeld is dead, but his crimes should never be forgotten. they include firing depleted uranium shells into fallujah, still causing babies to be born with deformities and cancer. as chomsky notes, these are the worst crimes of the 21st century.

Today, I remember the 200,000+ people who died because of US adventurism in Iraq.
Their blood stains Donald Rumsfeld?s hands.
He weaponized ?patriotism? & ?democracy? for war.
18 yrs on, his ?patriots? have declared war on democracy itself?the wicked fruit of wicked roots.

Donald Rumsfeld was so far right that even Nixon called him a ?ruthless little bastard;? Before or after he jumped out the window of Watergate and hit the ground running.

Kissinger called him ?the most ruthless man I have ever met.?

He was a Cold War hawk and one of the main architects of the Iraq War. May he burn in hell.

When Kissinger, who is at a different strata of abhorrent, calls Rumsfeld ?ruthless?, that?s saying something.

And this may be Rumsfeld?s among most heinous acts, which is actually celebrated here, by the mouthpiece of the elite, shaped to appeal to us profane.

But not here.

Or here.

Or here.

MC. There is one God, and His Mercy is infinite, but we have to ask for it. So Rumsfeld?s destiny is not in our hands. But I can speculate that Rumsfeld is certainly not in Heaven presently. My hope is that he?s in purgatory for an extended time.

Last edited:
Donald Rumsfeld The POS Squint eyed fuck stick has died at age 88.

The new celebrity rule of threes is Allison Mack getting sentenced for her sex cult,

Bill Cosby's conviction getting overturned because of prosecutorial incompetence,

and Donald Rumsfeld dying after his ass fell out of his dick.

For those too young to know, Donald Rumsfeld was an atrocious human being whose legacy is engineering unlawful, disastrous & unnecessary wars that continue to traumatize generations. He had no remorse or contrition for his role in the bloodshed.

The genocidal war criminal Donald FuckFace Rumsfeld is dead, but his crimes should never be forgotten. they include firing depleted uranium shells into fallujah, still causing babies to be born with deformities and cancer. as chomsky notes, these are the worst crimes of the 21st century.

Today, I remember the 200,000+ people who died because of US adventurism in Iraq.
Their blood stains Donald Rumsfeld?s hands.
He weaponized ?patriotism? & ?democracy? for war.
18 yrs on, his ?patriots? have declared war on democracy itself?the wicked fruit of wicked roots.

Donald Rumsfeld was so far right that even Nixon called him a ?ruthless little bastard;? Before or after he jumped out the window of Watergate and hit the ground running.

Kissinger called him ?the most ruthless man I have ever met.?

He was a Cold War hawk and one of the main architects of the Iraq War. May he burn in hell.

I had no idea Nixon and Kissinger felt that way... yikes.

I knew Rumsfeld and his partner in war crime Dick Cheney got their start with Nixon as a couple "Defense" Department factotums in his White House (even though Cheney didn't actually serve and dodged the draft to avoid Vietnam).

I read about how when they got back in power, under Reagan, they basically went full-in the tank for war mongering defense appropriations... Star Wars, missile defense shields and all that crap. That - to me - explains their longevity. All those things failed, but cost a lot of money, and the profit the defense industry makes is the only constant in all these decisions... not spreading democracy in the Middle East, not security back home, not even oil.

I'm sure the flags are all at half mast outside the headquarters of Haliburton, Blackwater, Raytheon, Lockheed, and a few others that profited mightily from his tenure as SecDef

I bet he now knows where the missing ? I mean ? ?not accounted for? $2.5 trillion is.

I bet he now knows where the missing ? I mean ? ?not accounted for? $2.5 trillion is.

late period Roman Empire stuff. The soldiers openly looting the public treasury, and pushing aside anyone who stands in their way.

Rumsfeld and Cheney helped grease the wheels for their wagons full of loot.

our next two aircraft carriers will be named after them.

Out of curiosity, if...IF...they had stayed out of Iraq and maintained sole focus on Aghanistan, how many of you would still be hating on him? Just curious if your hatred stems purely from the involvement in Iraq or you have a complete anti-war bias altogether. The vibe I'm getting is that the view is we should not have attacked Afghanistan, to which I ask what is your opinion on what should have been done in response to 9/11?

And I do agree we have been in Afghanistan too long, I'm not going to counter that POV, nor the arguments that we should have stayed out of Iraq. Just overall feeling on here is we should not even have attacked Afghanistan...but then how to respond to 9/11??? I'm honestly open to ideas...considering that will not be the last time the US is attacked and maybe there are better options for those future situations.

Out of curiosity, if...IF...they had stayed out of Iraq and maintained sole focus on Aghanistan, how many of you would still be hating on him? Just curious if your hatred stems purely from the involvement in Iraq or you have a complete anti-war bias altogether. The vibe I'm getting is that the view is we should not have attacked Afghanistan, to which I ask what is your opinion on what should have been done in response to 9/11?

Rumsfeld didn?t do that, so the point is moot. My son and I were talking about Iraq recently ? he claims that the real reason why the US attacked Iraq was because Hussein abandoned the US petro-dollar in favor of the Euro. He pulled two tours there in 2003 and 2005.

Link

Link

It?s why the west got rid of Qaddafi. Link

He likely now knows what the unknown unknowns are but will not be able to provide those known to the unknowns to us among the living, because he's dead.

Last edited:

And I do agree we have been in Afghanistan too long, I'm not going to counter that POV, nor the arguments that we should have stayed out of Iraq. Just overall feeling on here is we should not even have attacked Afghanistan...but then how to respond to 9/11??? I'm honestly open to ideas...considering that will not be the last time the US is attacked and maybe there are better options for those future situations.

To answer your question: yes, I suppose if we had never gone into Iraq, invaded Afghanistan only, then, (presumably) replaced the Taliban with a less insane religious government, and left promptly once we could be assured it could defend itself, sure, I would not question our rationale for going in there, how we conducted ourselves, and who was responsible.

Your question is akin to saying "If Hitler hadn't launched WWII, killed 6 million Jews, and millions of Poles, Gypsies, Russians, Czechs, Serbs, Greeks, etc., would you still hate on him?"

And no, I don't think it's unfair to bring up Hitler here.

It's also kind of ironic, coming from you, a guy who questions all the COVID-19 stuff despite 600,000 dead Americans, and many more who got very sick from it.

yet, when it comes to the government/military-industrial complex telling us we need to go bomb some country because reasons, you're ready to fight (online) anyone who so much as questions the wisdom of invading other countries all the way around the world in the name of "defense."

Rumsfeld didn?t do that, so the point is moot. My son and I were talking about Iraq recently ? he claims that the real reason why the US attacked Iraq was because Hussein abandoned the US petro-dollar in favor of the Euro. He pulled two tours there in 2003 and 2005.

Link

Link

It?s why the west got rid of Qaddafi. Link

I still don't think any reason - beyond defense appropriations and no-bid contracts for companies like Halliburton - explains why they went after Hussein. It was War for Profit.

if these things were true... we wanted oil, or we wanted them to stay on the dollar, why not just pay them? That's cheaper than sending 150,000 troops, tanks, airplanes, carrier groups, etc. around the world (probably burning more oil than we'd contract for), PLUS an equal number of private "contractors" and paying all those people, maintaining all that equipment, and taking on the immense legacy costs of veteran care and compensating families for lost ones.

Paul O'Neill, Bush's First Treasury Secretary, wrote a book and said that at the first cabinet meeting after the 9/11 attacks, he was shocked to hear Condi Rice, Cheney, and Rumsfeld say that their focus was still Iraq, and that needed to be the next target after whoever we decided to bomb for 9/11. And all those defense "think tanks" like the Project For A New AMerican Century that Cheney and Rumsfeld were members of had been urging attacks on Iraq to finish the job going back to the 90's, right?

I think the Pentagon had their mark, and was just looking for a reason to go after him, and justify basically looting the treasury to fund all their McMansions and what else in N. Va.

same with Qaddafi. which was a disaster for the people of Libya BTW. it went from a stable, moderately prosperous (by African standards) country, to a failed state.

so much of the things they claimed are just patently false...

Only in Bizarro land does one blow up sheep herders on the other side of the globe and argue it's for defense. or even economics.

If we cared about Democracy in the Middle East, why is one of our closest allies in the region Saudi Arabia, the most oppressive kingdom in the region, if not the entire planet?

If we cared about stability, why did we go and destabilize an entire region... Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, now, Yemen, and we're still chomping at the bit to attack Iran, and probably would have by now if they weren't able to defend themselves.

nothing makes sense to me, except war for profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Champ. No issue in this situation bringing up Hitler, it was a valid equivalence even if it represented a more extreme side.

Yours was an honest answer and appreciated. I've oft wondered if they had just kept their focus whether the anti-war groups would have still been as powerful. Obviously the extreme length of time it lasted was bound to have an anti-war sentiment grow, likely to the same level as was caused by Iraq. That length would change from person to person.

I would have been good probably around year 10 (with all the finances for Iraq being used to establish a strong and resilient infrastructure in Afghanistan, including schools for girls.

I'm not pro War-for-Profit. I'm pro-war for providing and preserving freedoms, and I'm for attacking entities that attack the US first (Japan WWII, 9/11).

I'm not a war hawk for the mere purpose of killing anyone and everyone. I'm more pro-war than most, but I do have my own personal levels of reservations and limitations.

I always viewed Iraq as a strategic positioning to then take out Iran, being able to attack from both the east and the west. I never particularly liked the timing, preferring to actually provide Afghanistan a quality government, including police and military developed to promote freedoms and prevent reestablishing of terrorists. I am NOT a fan of the current status there, as I do not trust the Taliban at all.

Alas, at this point the entire situation appears to be FUBAR, which is unfortunate in so many ways it is ridiculous. And I do hold Cheney and Rumsfeld the most accountable for that happening. But I do understand the strategic benefit as it always seemed Iraq was a step toward attacking Iran, they just played it out wrong. Not that Saddam was an innocent person in his own ways...and his death was not unwelcome IMO...but Cheney and Rumsfeld screwed it all up by attempting to launch the war, IMO, more for political gain regarding the 2004 elections.

Back