Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Day

ruff

So is anyone going to the draft? I will be there for Day 1

I went to the draft when it was in Chicago, but Dallas is wayyyy to far this year lol. Have fun man

I’ll be there in spirit. Unless we draft a tight end.... if that happens I’m just going to blow my head off.

Josh Allen might not be too welcome in his new locker room

Some of the tweets...

"i dont think you n**gas want a troubled son!" -- June 14, 2012

“N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

"Bout to show up these N**gas at pong" -- February 26, 2012

"If it ain't white, it ain't right" -- June 25, 2013

I?ll be there in spirit. Unless we draft a tight end.... if that happens I?m just going to blow my head off.

Yup you are right!!!! Put me right beside you if they do so one bullet can take us both out!!! Please no tight end !!!!!

Some of the tweets...

?N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

Yikes!!!

Some of the tweets...

“N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

Tom, isn't this the qb who was a 4th round pick in that mock?
Maybe if this kind of talk is true, that was the reason?

I would not give a shit how good a qb he is, if I was a GM, that kind of
talk is an absolute NO for me.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/04/will_josh_allens_draft_stock_p.html#incart_river_index
Will Josh Allen's draft stock plummet over old, offensive tweets?

Last edited:
Don't know who any of these guys are, hope we get some DL.

Have to admit Ragnow shocked me. Extreme surprise to me.

Don't dislike the pick. Just didn't see it coming.

Some of the tweets...

?N**gas Trying To Get At Me" -- February 12, 2013

I don't see the problem. Ever heard teenagers speak nowadays? Not just black kids, but white, brown, and asian. Any of them that like hip hop talk like this in private. My black friends have no problem with their white friends using it in this context either. I don't use it. Think it makes you sound dumb when you use it. The last tweet there also seems to be a joke. Not sure why anyone would take that seriously. The kid was like 16 years old at the time and probably didn't realize he was ever going to be in the public spotlight.

This is just another example of the media making a big deal of something to virtue signal how woke they are. Shame on espn and nfln for doing this to him.

When i was 16, i called a classmate a "fairy" and a "faggot". If someone pulled up those comments now to call me a homophobe, I'd be pissed.

Can't remember who it was but on one of the networks, a black player was interviewed about this and he said it depends on the context of Allen's usage of the word. Pretty sure his teammates will ask him about it and itll be a dead issue immediately after.

I don't see the problem. Ever heard teenagers speak nowadays? Not just black kids, but white, brown, and asian. Any of them that like hip hop talk like this in private. My black friends have no problem with their white friends using it in this context either. I don't use it. Think it makes you sound dumb when you use it. The last tweet there also seems to be a joke. Not sure why anyone would take that seriously. The kid was like 16 years old at the time and probably didn't realize he was ever going to be in the public spotlight.

This is just another example of the media making a big deal of something to virtue signal how woke they are. Shame on espn and nfln for doing this to him.

When i was 16, i called a classmate a "fairy" and a "faggot". If someone pulled up those comments now to call me a homophobe, I'd be pissed.

Can't remember who it was but on one of the networks, a black player was interviewed about this and he said it depends on the context of Allen's usage of the word. Pretty sure his teammates will ask him about it and itll be a dead issue immediately after.

Saying your black friends are cool with it probably isn't relevant in this case.
Unless Josh Allen was tight with the 1% black population in his hometown. I'm doubting that.

I'd slap the piss out of my sons if they spoke like that in front of me. Guess it just depends on where you're from and what your upbringing was though.

Saying your black friends are cool with it probably isn't relevant in this case.
Unless Josh Allen was tight with the 1% black population in his hometown. I'm doubting that.

I'd slap the piss out of my sons if they spoke like that in front of me. Guess it just depends on where you're from and what your upbringing was though.

I would too, but there is a difference between how you say the word. One of the tweets is actually from a Rick Ross song - kinda doubtful a racist is listening to or quoting Rick Ross. And again, he was 16ish. Hell, even at 35, I've said things that might sound bad out of context if you don't know me.

Like it or not, this type of talk is common among all young peiple of all races, especially those who love hip hop. And to crucify a young man for doing it too, i think, is wrong.

I work for a school and I've seen black kids call their white friends "nigga" and vice versa. We try to stop it, but they try to do it when they think we arent listening. Josh doing this with his friends is fairly normal today. Listening to his teammates and coaches, you get the idea that he was a model teammate and student.

Certainly there are people offended by the word no matter what, but i think Josh's intention here had nothing to do with racism.

Back