Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Prospects Thread

Steve Kerr said Sullinger reminds him of Kevin Love. A little soft and doughy now but has the same skills coming out of college. I'm not saying he is going to be KL but I think he will be a very solid NBA PF. 16 and 9 career.

call me crazy, but if we are NOT top 5 i want to pick John Henson.... Kid would be a beast playing next to Monroe.

I like Henson too, but I think there are better players in the top 10. Henson is a one-way player. That's great considering we are a bad defensive team, but there are other guys who could be a boon on both ends - and we need help on both ends.

I would rather take someone like Sullinger, who seems relatively safe if not spectacular. I would rather take Tyler Zeller who is a legit 7 footer and sound defensively. And if we move a little higher, I would rather get the sure scorer on the wing in Harrison Barnes.

currently 9th -.- Going to be a whole lot of the same next year cause we dont know how to tank :/

It's going to depend on where we draft (Chicago got Rose despite being 9th before the lottery). But yes, we could have easily have been 6th or better by resting players for certain games.

That said, we are where we are. The difference between 5th and 15th isn't much this year. We are going to be getting a good player with rather specific flaws that we will hope to coach up or mitigate through the play of teammates. I would love an athletic defender to pair with Monroe, just as I would love to get a SF that can actually shoot and score efficiently. We have holes everywhere, so anyone we pick will fit.

Back