Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Recap

Dude comparing Mayhew to millen is asinine. Millen's picks were all supreme reaches that generally made no sense. I never agreed with most of his picks and couldnt figure out how he came to his conclusions. Mayhew makes picks based on actual research and strategy. Do they all work out no. He has been unlucky in some areas and may not have always addressed need if he didnt think the value was there. He sometimes gambles on guys he thinks can immediately help but fit where they are picked. To say that he is comparable to an idiot is rude. Also yes with millen I had hope but knowledge that it was worthless.

And that's your opinion. But I'm not bashing you because of it. But suddenly because I say Mayhew hasn't done a good job I'm not a fan?

And that's your opinion. But I'm not bashing you because of it. But suddenly because I say Mayhew hasn't done a good job I'm not a fan?

Tony has no room to talk to you like that. His real team is the toronto argonauts.

Never said you werent a fan Mitch. Anybody willing to talk about this abortion of a franchise as much as the people on this board must be fans. No one else seems to give two shits about this team.

Ah the old love it or leave it defense. Like Mitch said we all root for the same team just as hard. Where the criticism is warranted it's fair to bring it up on a message board where we discuss said team we are rooting for. I know some of us can take the criticsm a bit far where it ventures into unwarranted territory (not that others don't take it just as far in the opposite direction, cough LKP), but it doesn't make us any less of a fan.

not calling anyone a less of a fan. but to nitpick every single thing Mayhew does in a negative way because you dont like it is going overboard

I'm partial to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats if anyone is keeping track.

Dont even compare Millen to Mayhew. Millens body of work was a joke and there was no thought process whatsoever.

I agree that Millen was the worst of the worst, by far. But you insinuated I shouldn't " continually bash on our GM for every move he makes." Why not? I'm a Lions fan.

I don't know what these players will do, or if Greenwood becomes a HOF but after round 1, his record as a drafter stinks. Call it injuries, luck or what - eventually you need results. We have way too many 2nd round picks through 4th round picks (ones that should make a NFL team and have some significant play time) that never play year 1.

I hope the Lions tank the season and Mayhew gets fired. Then we can go out and get Kent Austin as our GM. Talk about a guy who can generally manage things...

Back