Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drew Brees Deal

Brees was about the only positive thing going for NO right now and he got paid for that as well.

I actually don't think Staff will hold the Lions hostage either. His first NFL deal ever guaranteed him 42 million. He conssistently says and backs the city. He'll get paid a boatload and should but he also knows making every penny possible is not the most important thing. He's already proven he'll make saome sacrifices and restructure to keep the roster filled with talent..

kinda off subject but i loved how he talked about detroit when he won his espy.

I also think that Staff understands that He and CJ make a great combo. And although he may be able to make a little more somewhere else he wouldnt have CJ to throw to.

Blame the Broncos for this deal.

Except that Manning took $7M less in signing with the Broncos over the Titans in order to play for Elway and in Denver. And Stafford isn't remotely comparable to either Brees or Manning ...or Brady, or Rodgers, or even Eli Manning.

Brees got paid for being the best QB in the NFL and like he said now "has to earn it."

Rodgers, I'm getting so sick of hearing about him. He hasn't even come close to being Brady or Manning. One year they barely squeaked into the playoffs, had 3 good games a won a SB. Then he had a great stat year and didn't do jack.

Brady and Manning are 1 and 1a, either order. Compared to that Rodgers and Brees are a 4. Eli gets a 3.5. There is nothing between 2 and 3.5.

Except that Manning took $7M less in signing with the Broncos over the Titans in order to play for Elway and in Denver. And Stafford isn't remotely comparable to either Brees or Manning ...or Brady, or Rodgers, or even Eli Manning.

Brees got paid for being the best QB in the NFL and like he said now "has to earn it."

I hear ya but you still have to point to the Broncos for the deal. They paid Manning TOP money. Brees was 100% getting more this year...we all knew.

And who's "comparing" Stafford to either of the QB's you mentioned? Not me. Stafford has a loooooong way to go before we mention him with Brees, Manning x2, Rodgers and Brady. We know this.

Last edited:
Rodgers, I'm getting so sick of hearing about him. He hasn't even come close to being Brady or Manning. One year they barely squeaked into the playoffs, had 3 good games a won a SB. Then he had a great stat year and didn't do jack.

Brady and Manning are 1 and 1a, either order. Compared to that Rodgers and Brees are a 4. Eli gets a 3.5. There is nothing between 2 and 3.5.

Rodgers is the BEST QB in the NFL, bro...don't fn kid yourself.

Last edited:

I take it your a Packers fan.

Im not disagreeing but Brady Brees and Manning could make a case. But those guys are on the down slope of their career where Rogers is still on the up tick.

Im not disagreeing but Brady Brees and Manning could make a case. But those guys are on the down slope of their career where Rogers is still on the up tick.

Down slope? Two of those just went 5000 plus and the other is Peyton Manning. There is no down slope to his game.

Based on just 2011, okay Rodgers. If he has another 120+ rating I'll reconsider him at the top.

**And Tony a Packers fan, I don't think so. Lions and NYG.

Last edited:
Down slope? Two of those just went 5000 plus and the other is Peyton Manning. There is no down slope to his game.

Based on just 2011, okay Rodgers. If he has another 120+ rating I'll reconsider him at the top.

**And Tony a Packers fan, I don't think so. Lions and NYG.

Brady is 34
Brees is 33 i thought he was older
manning is 36
Rogers is 28

So yeah they are on the down slope of their careers. Maybe they play to the top the league into their 40's but I wouldn't bet on it.

Brady is 34
Brees is 33 i thought he was older
manning is 36
Rogers is 28

So yeah they are on the down slope of their careers. Maybe they play to the top the league into their 40's but I wouldn't bet on it.

By age but there game isn't. Or you might just say Staff is the best since he's only 24.

My point being the old dudes are still getting it done. Brady 2011 is just as good as his earlier seasons.

Maybe we have different ideas of what I said. Those three have approx 5 years left. In 5 years Rogers will be Bradys age now.

I would say if your talking about up and comer players yes Stafford would be there.

Maybe we have different ideas of what I said. Those three have approx 5 years left. In 5 years Rogers will be Bradys age now.

I would say if your talking about up and comer players yes Stafford would be there.

Maybe you're referring to "if starting a franchise I'd take him scenario" because age will come into play.

But Brady hasn't slowed yet to he's still at the top, IMO.

A Packers fan??? Buddy, you couldn't be more wrong...lol.

Die hard Lions fan here, bro. I HATE the fn Packers but Rodgers is the best in the business right now. Pains me to say it but he is.

Back