Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Durant, Scheffler OUT for Sunday

MalFunkShun

ALLEN PARK -- Linebacker Justin Durant (concussion) will miss his third game in a row when the Detroit Lions host the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday.

After returning to practice late last week, Durant was inactive for last Monday night's game against the Bears. He didn't practice at all this week.

Tight end Tony Scheffler will also be out this Sunday with a concussion. The tight end suffered his injury after being hit by Chicago linebacker Brian Urlacher while going across the middle of the field on a third-down reception.

The only other player ruled out for Sunday is safety Vincent Fuller (elbow.)

Cornerback Aaron Berry (groin), offensive tackle Jason Fox, and receiver Rashied Davis (foot) are questionable. If Berry can't go, expect Alphonso Smith to be active for the game.

All other players on the injury report are listed as probable. That includes defensive ends Cliff Avril (elbow) and Lawrence Jackson (hamstring), safeties Louis Delmas (abdomen) and Amari Spievey (hamstring), and linebackers Doug Hogue (hamstring), Stephen Tulloch (ankle) and DeAndre Levy (knee).

Here's how things are looking for the 49ers.

Out: WR Braylon Edwards (knee), FB Moran Norris (fibula), CB Tramaine Brock (hand)

Probable: LB Navorro Bowman (neck), WR Michael Crabtree (feet), WR Ted Ginn (finger), S Dashon Goldson (knee), G Mike Iupati (knee), G Adam Snyder (forearm), DT Isaac Sopoaga (infection), CB Shawntae Spencer (toe)

Yeah his concussion is cause for concern... it happened at Minnesota didn't it??? Anyone remember when, I kinda want to see that hit and see how bad it was.

MalFunkShun said:
Yeah his concussion is cause for concern... it happened at Minnesota didn't it??? Anyone remember when, I kinda want to see that hit and see how bad it was.

carpenters play of late probably has them being overly precautious with Durant.

I thought it was wrong of the announcers to start sucking Urlachers cock after the hit he put on scheffler. They all down played and said how it wasnt even in the head. Like to hear their thoughts now how a hit not in the head can cause a concussion and keep a guy out for over a week.

More info on Scheffler:

Scheffler was injured on a helmet-to-helmet hit by Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher on his only catch in the third quarter. Jackson, who played with Scheffler in Denver from 2006-08 and was Scheffler's guest at the game, wrote that Scheffler suffered "some tingling down the right side of his body" and "vomited several times" from the hit.

Here's also to hoping Spievey is healthy finally. He's shown a lot of progress...

MalFunkShun said:
Here's also to hoping Spievey is healthy finally. He's shown a lot of progress...

he looked great in preseason....hes been meh so far in the real games and got toasted a couple times for huge plays and a TD on playaction.

Where the fuck is Urlacher's fine for that hit on Scheffler? I haven't heard anything...if Suh's gonna get fined for some of the borderline pussy shit he gets nailed for, Urlacher should be nailed for twice as much...

cmlfactor said:
Where the fuck is Urlacher's fine for that hit on Scheffler? I haven't heard anything...if Suh's gonna get fined for some of the borderline pussy shit he gets nailed for, Urlacher should be nailed for twice as much...

He didnt lead with the helmet..the question is if Scheff was considered defenseless...I guess the league said no

He wasn't defensless. If I'm thinking the correct play, Urlacher hit him after Scheff made a catch. Fair play.

looks like Durant might be back for Atl.

"Lions SLB Justin Durant (concussion) has been cleared to return to practice.
Durant tweeted Tuesday that he "may be back on the field this week." He has missed the Lions' past three games. As long as he doesn't suffer a setback this week, Durant will likely return against the Falcons on Sunday, sending Bobby Carpenter back to the bench. "

Back