Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Eagles Vs Chiefs Super Bowl LVII

biggunsbob

Preview

No. 1 Philadelphia (16-3 SU, 10-9 ATS) vs. No. 1 Kansas City (16-3 SU, 6-12-1 ATS)

Moneyline: Philadelphia (-140) | Kansas City (+120)
Spread: PHI -2.5 (-110) | KC +2.5 (-110)
Total: 49.5 ? Over: (-110) | Under: 49.5 (-110)
Game Info: Feb. 12, 2023 6:30 pm ET | FOX

Philadelphia playoff games
38-7 over the Giants.
31-7 over the 49ers.

Kansas City Playoff games
27-20 over the Jaguars.
23-20 over the Bengals.

Last edited:
Post who you like or want to win. What props are you betting. Anything you want about the two teams. KC needs the time off to get healthy they are really banged up.

I will likely be rooting for Philly because I plan to bet Philly -2.5 and the under.

The Eagles, I guess. My dad declined a tryout with them in 1950. So there's that "connection."

Maybe my dad didn't want to play for a coach named "Greasy" Neale. Seems oddly obscene to me. Or, maybe he didn't think he was good enough. Or, he wanted to move on with his life: He was 28 when he graduated college, having served in WWII.

Beware Super Bowls that look like easy wins for one team.

and also Super Bowls when someone from a team gets in legal trouble before the game, or other bizarre issues (like that one year the Raiders center flipped out and abandoned the team before the game). don't bet on those teams.

maybe don't bet until just before kickoff

Beware Super Bowls that look like easy wins for one team.

and also Super Bowls when someone from a team gets in legal trouble before the game, or other bizarre issues (like that one year the Raiders center flipped out and abandoned the team before the game). don't bet on those teams.

maybe don't bet until just before kickoff

Max McGee started the tradition in the inaugural NFL-AFL Championship Game by playing hungover and catching two TD passes.

Max McGee started the tradition in the inaugural NFL-AFL Championship Game by playing hungover and catching two TD passes.

Haha, yeah, I remember that story. I think he didn't expect to start or even play and went out and partied.

But I don't consider that to be a bizarre issue... that's what these guys do. Now if he had gotten arrested while doing it, or flipped out and boarded a flight to Rio de Janeiro before the game, then, yeah.

When I said legal/crazy issues, I was thinking more of Andy Reid's dumbass son and assistant coach drunkenly plowing his car into a family on the highway, Eugene Robinson getting busted for soliciting a prostitute, or the Raiders starting C (Barret Robbins) disappearing the day of the game and being found at the Betty Ford clinic after, before being diagnosed as Bipolar.

creating a distraction like that is fatal...all their teams lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really like either team, but I usually default to rooting for the NFC when that happens.

That Bengals-KC game was shitty to watch, and I think KC deserved to lose, so I also want them to lose for that reason.

But I bet KC ends up winning a sloppy game, like 27-24 or something like that.

The NFL sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already tired of the Kelce Bros. angle. They won't even occupy the field at the same time unless there's a 4th down turnover.

I'm already tired of the Kelce Bros. angle. They won't even occupy the field at the same time unless there's a 4th down turnover.

I know. I hate the week off between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. I get it, hype the game.....all the different story angles......blah blah blah. It gets old fast.

Just play the game.

This thought just popped in my head while typing this.....if it were the Lions in the Super Bowl, I would want every minute of coverage. And I'd watch it ALL.

Last edited:
I know. I hate the week off between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. I get it, hype the game.....all the different story angles......blah blah blah. It gets old fast.

Just play the game.

This thought just popped in my head while typing this.....if it were the Lions in the Super Bowl, I would want every minute of coverage. And I'd watch it ALL.

I can imagine the questions:

Is the Lions' curse finally over?
How does it feel [add inane statement here]?
Will Lions' fans celebrate if the Lions win SB MMMCMXCIX?

You do know that you?re allowed to call it the Super Bowl as long as you?re not advertising anything, don?t you?

Also, you can refer to Super Bowls from the past as the Super Bowl. The trademark rule only applies to the upcoming big game.

I?ll probably listen on the radio in my car while I?m out doing business. That?s what I?ve been doing in recent years.

Don?t care much who wins.

I changed my mind.

I?m staying home and watching.

I literally just cried remembering how Michigan?s Tom Brady used to spark joy when watching the Super Bowl.

Like, a whole bunch of times.

For everything else, there?s MasterCard.

Last edited:
Feels like it?s been a 100 days since the last game. I will have it on my tablet but I?m just tired of other teams playing in this game and not the one I root for lol.

Memo to Dan. If we ever get in the Super Bowl .

Take the ball if you win the coin toss !

Back