Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Easy Breezy

a little different than this

I definitely want the ball in my hands," Peppers said. "My goal is to win the Heisman as a true freshman. People laugh when I say that, but that's my goal. It is not a dream because a goal is something that you can actually achieve. That's my goal - to win the Heisman as a freshman. I definitely want the ball in my hands, punt return, kick return, even if they allow me to play some offense, I'm all for it."

So what's your point? The article I linked already addresses prior comments and discusses the transformation he's had since committing.

Your obsessive nature with Michigan is tragic.

I definitely want the ball in my hands," Peppers said. "My goal is to win the Heisman as a true freshman. People laugh when I say that, but that's my goal. It is not a dream because a goal is something that you can actually achieve. That's my goal - to win the Heisman as a freshman. I definitely want the ball in my hands, punt return, kick return, even if they allow me to play some offense, I'm all for it."

Usually a Heisman winner means that the team was also successful so more power to the kid.

Usually a Heisman winner means that the team was also successful so more power to the kid.

Exactly. More power to him. He sets lofty goals and wants to achieve them. What an asshole...

Last edited:

So it would have been better if he would have said "I don't want the ball in my hands. My goal is to hide on the bench so I don't make any freshman mistakes. Im afraid people would laugh at me"???

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

It does seem clear that the kid was coached a bit and subsequently tuned the bravado level down a bit as a result. It was indeed "off the charts" as that piece says, and as the quotes sbee provided further indicate.

I think he tuned it down a bit too much in fact. Particularly when he says "I'm not trying to say that we're gonna win the Big Ten title or anything."

I'd like to see some amount of belief that UofM can compete for the Big Ten.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140612/SPORTS06/306120155/jabrill-peppers-michigan-football

So what's your point? The article I linked already addresses prior comments and discusses the transformation he's had since committing.

Your obsessive nature with Michigan is tragic.

your obsession with me is tragic.

the kid was coming across as very cocky before, but he was only 16 or 17 when he said it so it's excusable

So it would have been better if he would have said "I don't want the ball in my hands. My goal is to hide on the bench so I don't make any freshman mistakes. Im afraid people would laugh at me"???

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

spin, spin, spin

incoming freshmen have a lot to prove, talking about winning the heisman is a little out of character. a more appropriate thing to say is that he is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. talking about individual awards is generally looked down upon in team sports, especially if you've yet to play a down of college football. of course he wants to get the ball but you don't start lobbying for that your junior year in high school.

it's just a young kid growing up, the article that vic posted shows that he's grown up a little bit over the last year or two.

spin, spin, spin

incoming freshmen have a lot to prove, talking about winning the heisman is a little out of character. a more appropriate thing to say is that he is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. talking about individual awards is generally looked down upon in team sports, especially if you've yet to play a down of college football. of course he wants to get the ball but you don't start lobbying for that your junior year in high school.

it's just a young kid growing up, the article that vic posted shows that he's grown up a little bit over the last year or two.

Damn those high school kids not versed in coach-speak yet

Last edited:
Kids and their hula hoops and pac-man video games. This society is going to hell!

Hoke probably should have just pulled Peppers scholarship. I mean a kid who plays RB/KR/PR in high school wants the ball in his hands in college? Probably the most selfish human being alive.

Last edited:
Back