Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Egypt now Islamic

They aren't interesting in instituting an Islamic Government. Even if they were so what, there are friendly Islamic Governments, how about Saudi Arabia?

Also important is save for Kuwait, the US is more popular in Libya right now than perhaps any other Country in the World. These dolts would like Ghadaffi the terrorist back.

Zero American lives and a couple $Billion to get rid of Ghaddaffi. 4400 American lives lost and 40,000 American wounded, plus 2 $Trillion to get rid of Sadam Hussein. Results? We are much more liked in Libya than in Iraq. Iraq just booted us completely out of their country. Iraq is still more likely to be a threat to America than Libya in the future and Iran is the big winner from our invasion of Iraq.

Almost 10 wasted years in Iraq and some people would have us stay another 20. So glad we didn't make the same mistake in Libya.

[quote="MI_Thumb":elnsrism]
tsmith7559 said:
thats 1...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/world/middleeast/voting-in-egypt-shows-mandate-for-islamists.html?_r=1&hp

good job Barry, I thought this was a democratic uprising??? LOL,

Hey Larry....they were right...watch it when goofball Mr. Corn comes on..around 4 minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbik8fPmCSY

So you're saying an Islamic party cannot be part of a democratic government?

Do you even have a fucking clue what democratic means?

From the article you linked: "Islamist leaders, many jailed for years under Mr. Mubarak, were exultant.

johnny2x2x said:
They aren't interesting in instituting an Islamic Government. Even if they were so what, there are friendly Islamic Governments, how about Saudi Arabia?

Also important is save for Kuwait, the US is more popular in Libya right now than perhaps any other Country in the World. These dolts would like Ghadaffi the terrorist back.

Zero American lives and a couple $Billion to get rid of Ghaddaffi. 4400 American lives lost and 40,000 American wounded, plus 2 $Trillion to get rid of Sadam Hussein. Results? We are much more liked in Libya than in Iraq. Iraq just booted us completely out of their country. Iraq is still more likely to be a threat to America than Libya in the future and Iran is the big winner from our invasion of Iraq.

Almost 10 wasted years in Iraq and some people would have us stay another 20. So glad we didn't make the same mistake in Libya.

Iraq and Lybia....cant compare, Lybia has no army. We can wipe out many countries in about 3 hrs....whats you point?

Next time our President might want to ask the congress prior to launching an attack on another country. Let us not forget, Bipartisian support from congress and former president Clinton on the decision in Iraq

DR said:
mhughes0021 said:
democracy simply means everyone gets a vote. If a majority of their people want women to be 2nd class citizens and all the things you mentioned....welp the only thing i suggest for that part of the country is increased drone attacks.

Many of those countries have fought for a long time to have a legitimate vote and thie voices heard....if the vote turns into a sham and is corrupt you can expect alot of pissed off people killing each other.

I understand what democracy is and what a political party is, but how effective do you think a democracy is going to be when its people have no experience in it and one sector of it (think Republicans + Tea Partiers) controls 65+%. If the 25% uses whatever means necessary to institute the things I mentioned, and it turns into drone attacks and pissed off people killing each other, that would suck, no?
some would argue a new democracy would work better than ours and that we can be more corrupt in govt than those countries lol....but I understand your concern
laugh.png

LOL, oops, I totally conflated and confused Egypt and Libya. 2 different countries, duh. I was on another site talking about Libya. We're pretty popular in Egypt too though.

Yes, they were all wrong about Iraq, Dems and Repubs. The people who were right? The protesters! On every single issue, the protesters got it right. How come? Well, it wasn't just the protesters, but the weapons inspectors that were saying there were no WMDs. The Dems let themselves be pressured into going along, but they weren't the ones out there making all the claims that proved to be false, such whoppers as these:

"We know exactly were the WMDs are, their in the North, South, East, and West of Baghdad" Cheney

"We'll be welcomed as heroes"

"We'll use their oil to pay for it"

"I can't imagine it going longer than 3 months...6 months...1 year...3 years...5 years...8 years..."

"Costs will definitely be under $60 Billion, $100 Billion, $200 Billion, $1 Trillion...etc etc etc"

etc. etc. etc.

What this did end up being was a huge huge distraction from Afghanistan, that's why we are still stuck there, but at least Obama had the common sense to quadruple our presence in that theater at the same time he was drawing down Iraq. Without Iraq we would have been done in Afghanistan 5 years ago and Al Qaeda would only exist in history books.

So yeah the Dems were wrong to go along with a bone headed decision to invade Iraq, but they weren't the ones leading the war, and they weren't the ones out their selling it and making false claims day after day.

johnny2x2x said:
LOL, oops, I totally conflated and confused Egypt and Libya. 2 different countries, duh. I was on another site talking about Libya. We're pretty popular in Egypt too though.

Yes, they were all wrong about Iraq, Dems and Repubs. The people who were right? The protesters! On every single issue, the protesters got it right. How come? Well, it wasn't just the protesters, but the weapons inspectors that were saying there were no WMDs. The Dems let themselves be pressured into going along, but they weren't the ones out there making all the claims that proved to be false, such whoppers as these:

"We know exactly were the WMDs are, their in the North, South, East, and West of Baghdad" Cheney

"We'll be welcomed as heroes"

"We'll use their oil to pay for it"

"I can't imagine it going longer than 3 months...6 months...1 year...3 years...5 years...8 years..."

"Costs will definitely be under $60 Billion, $100 Billion, $200 Billion, $1 Trillion...etc etc etc"

etc. etc. etc.

What this did end up being was a huge huge distraction from Afghanistan, that's why we are still stuck there, but at least Obama had the common sense to quadruple our presence in that theater at the same time he was drawing down Iraq. Without Iraq we would have been done in Afghanistan 5 years ago and Al Qaeda would only exist in history books.

So yeah the Dems were wrong to go along with a bone headed decision to invade Iraq, but they weren't the ones leading the war, and they weren't the ones out their selling it and making false claims day after day.

Iraq WMD's started under Clinton, while he was getting his BJ from Monica

Iraq War protestor's??? where...maybe a couple out at UC-Berkley ???

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:

Iraq and Lybia....cant compare, Lybia has no army. We can wipe out many countries in about 3 hrs....whats you point?

Next time our President might want to ask the congress prior to launching an attack on another country. Let us not forget, Bipartisian support from congress and former president Clinton on the decision in Iraq

Why would he waste time asking congress. Drone attacks are for quick strike capabilities when we have REAL information on a target. Unlike Bush who had false information and wasted 10 years and trillions of dollars, Obama acts quickly, its affordable, and effective. Congress would just say one thing and then lash out at Obama once he agrees to it anyways. If youre commander n chief...you make the call. Dont let a bunch of bafoons mess it up.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

Why would he waste time asking congress. Drone attacks are for quick strike capabilities when we have REAL information on a target. Unlike Bush who had false information and wasted 10 years and trillions of dollars, Obama acts quickly, its affordable, and effective. Congress would just say one thing and then lash out at Obama once he agrees to it anyways. If youre commander n chief...you make the call. Dont let a bunch of bafoons mess it up.

because we have a constitution.....or parts of one left

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

look up commander n chief in the constitution then get back to me. If you think Obama is the only person to send in strikes without congress' approval youre fucking clueless. It used to be black ops/seal 6 teams...now its drone attacks. What are you arguing here??? Whatever it is, its nonsense.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

look up commander n chief in the constitution then get back to me. If you think Obama is the only person to send in strikes without congress' approval youre fucking clueless. It used to be black ops/seal 6 teams...now its drone attacks. What are you arguing here??? Whatever it is, its nonsense.

tell me a war we went to without authorization from the congress..oh ya...and get back to me

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

tell me a war we went to without authorization from the congress..oh ya...and get back to me

Tell me a war Obama has started...when you come up with 0....get back to me.

BOOM!

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:

BOOM!

No congressional authorization/funding for Lybia....oops

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

BOOM!

c'mon man....your standard bearer Reagan was funding and arming dictators and war lords during his whole administration.

watch the movie Lord of War.....Americans are the biggest illegal "gun runners" in the past century in a half.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

c'mon man....your standard bearer Reagan was funding and arming dictators and war lords during his whole administration.

watch the movie Lord of War.....Americans are the biggest illegal "gun runners" in the past century in a half.

we sell weapons all over...

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

BOOM!

Truman--Korea

Carter--Lebanon multinational force

Bush Sr.--Desert Storm

Clinton--Bosnia

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

Truman--Korea

Bush Sr.--Desert Storm

Clinton--Bosnia

I believe all of them received congressional approval for funding, we haven't declared a war since WWII

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:
Truman--Korea

Bush Sr.--Desert Storm

Clinton--Bosnia

I believe all of them received congressional approval for funding, we haven't declared a war since WWII

i dont care about funding....it's all about sending in troops without approval....Truman seized American steel mills without going to congress and had the. Supreme Court slap him around.

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) under the direction of the President overthrew the governments of Iran (1953), Guatemala (1954). The CIA attempted but failed to overthrow the government of Indonesia. The CIA installed new governments in Egypt (1954) and Laos (1959). Also the CIA organized Cuban refugee to overthrow the Cuban government (1960

SLICK said:
[quote="tsmith7559":jspmprm1]

i dont care about funding....it's all about sending in troops without approval....Truman seized American steel mills without going to congress and had the. Supreme Court slap him around.

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) under the direction of the President overthrew the governments of Iran (1953), Guatemala (1954). The CIA attempted but failed to overthrow the government of Indonesia. The CIA installed new governments in Egypt (1954) and Laos (1959). Also the CIA organized Cuban refugee to overthrow the Cuban government (1960

[quote="tsmith7559":2olft86l]
[quote="SLICK":2olft86l]

Back