Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

I like it the way. Just like Mass Effect, pause it so I have time to form a plan. Its not an MMO, I don't want an action bar.

i like the favorites menu, i can hot swap my offhand spell. im developing into a battle mage, i use 1h weapons in my primary hand (usually a mace since they tend to have the highest damage) and destruction magic in my offhand, usually flames because it is the best balance between speed and magika cost. it works well, i can switch from being ranged to melee without having to swap anything around. the heavy armor and switching to healing magic helps in melee combat. its really fun.

I hardly use the favorites menu. I like to use the fire blast shout but mostly just my daggars and bow.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I hardly use the favorites menu. I like to use the fire blast shout but mostly just my daggars and bow.

Daggers are lame.. One hand a high powered sword, war axe.. Other hand high powered magica. Fire blast shout.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":2nll60pe]I hardly use the favorites menu. I like to use the fire blast shout but mostly just my daggars and bow.

Daggers are lame.. One hand a high powered sword, war axe.. Other hand high powered magica. Fire blast shout.[/quote:2nll60pe]

I can sneak up, hit with my daggars and they're dead. They don't even get a chance to turn around. With my 15x or 30x its over. Obviously you have not used daggars yet :)

Ya the backstab is pretty sick.

I hear it's not an MMO, I just don't like the way Elder Scrolls series make you pause the game to change spells... Sorta lame, imo

Smithing hit 85 last night. Should get some extra time to play tonight cuz wife is working so hoping to get up near 100. I gotta find some Ebony Ingots! I want that Dragon Armor!

I definitly though spread my talents a little too thin I'm thinking. I've got points in Destruction, Restoration, 1 Hand, Heavy Armor, Smithing, 2-Hand, Block, Archery...

Next time I think I'll either do a straight rogue type with everything into Light Armor and Sneak, or maybe a pure mage type if I can stomach the magic system lol

My rogue in Dragon Age kicked some serious ass with the daggers

The Mad Bomber said:

I hear it's not an MMO, I just don't like the way Elder Scrolls series make you pause the game to change spells... Sorta lame, imo

Smithing hit 85 last night. Should get some extra time to play tonight cuz wife is working so hoping to get up near 100. I gotta find some Ebony Ingots! I want that Dragon Armor!

I definitly though spread my talents a little too thin I'm thinking. I've got points in Destruction, Restoration, 1 Hand, Heavy Armor, Smithing, 2-Hand, Block, Archery...

Next time I think I'll either do a straight rogue type with everything into Light Armor and Sneak, or maybe a pure mage type if I can stomach the magic system lol

I got 100 sneak very early so I'm filled out there. My points are sneak, light armor, archery, lock picking, pick pocket and one handed weapons. Pure rogue I say. Its been fun.

:)

The Mad Bomber said:

Started and finished that game with every single job lol. If they could add more jobs id go back and finish those too...love that game. Theif was bad ass...but i liked the black mage job the best i think. All the Dragon fights seemed to go much smoother with with long ranged attacks.

[flash=350,287:0wtn7iz2]http://www.youtube.com/v/Ip7QZPw04Ks&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:0wtn7iz2]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

I'll just leave this here...

mhughes0021 said:
The Mad Bomber said:

Started and finished that game with every single job lol. If they could add more jobs id go back and finish those too...love that game. Theif was bad ass...but i liked the black mage job the best i think. All the Dragon fights seemed to go much smoother with with long ranged attacks.

Yeah I have skills that are up there, I meant the Bonus Tree's where you apply points. I spread those too thin. I think you cna technically max out every profession to 100 skill... or I read you could anyways. But you only get points to put into the Tree's up to... I forget. Mid 40's I thought I read?

I dunno.

I had that Lydia chick following me around - the Housecarl you get in Whiterun. Bitch fuckin disappeared on me... I have no clue where she went! She was wearing a full set of Epic Ebony Armor too...

I thought maybe she died and I didn't notice when I massacred the Prison where the Thalmar was being held up in the Northwest corner of the map... but I wandered around there looking for her body for over an hour. At least if I could loot her I could equip my dude from The Brotherhood. And she's gotta be dead, cuz when I fast travel she doesn't join back up with me.

Garr!

I actually heard 50 levels but a soft cap but possible you can get to level 80. So assume you can get as many skill points as level. I'm only at 37 myself so I don't know.

I'm only 32...

So I'm reading about this Lydia chick's disappearance. I guess it's pretty common. I think what happened, is I teleported to a Cave that was near the Prison, and then ran down the mountain... I guess what most likely happened is she fell through a crack in the world, and is gone! I'm reading that I should go back to my house in Whiterun and wait outside for like 48 hours, and then go in and her body should be in there.

Strange...

I haven't seen Lydia in forever. My house is in Markarth so I have a new person watching over me. Though I never take them on missions, they get in my way.

Sorta cheesed off about it just because of the Ebony Armor and Weapons I had her set up with. Ebony ingots are like impossible to find. And I haven't found a single Ore Vein yet to mine it.

Smithing at 85

I read another place that you can use the console (I'm playing PC version) and teleport her to you using her npc code, but that she'd have none of the stuff I gave her.

I only take people with me to serve as Pack Mules. Dragon Bones and Plates are fucking heavy, and it never fails... every time I go someplace new I run into dragons.

The Mad Bomber said:
I only take people with me to serve as Pack Mules. Dragon Bones and Plates are fucking heavy, and it never fails... every time I go someplace new I run into dragons.

Good idea. That shits heavy, I usually have to drop some just to move.

But when I'm in a cave and sneaking around they make noise and ruin my cover. Though I've never taken them on missions, those damn Companions. I hate fighting with them.

Lol, thats cuz ur a rogue.

I'm in full heavy armor running around with a shield and a sword at full speed just mowing people over. Fuck cover.

So I bring the tag-alone to carry my shit for me when I get too full.

If I was a rogue, I'd never take a companion

The Mad Bomber said:
Lol, thats cuz ur a rogue.

I'm in full heavy armor running around with a shield and a sword at full speed just mowing people over. Fuck cover.

So I bring the tag-alone to carry my shit for me when I get too full.

If I was a rogue, I'd never take a companion

Lol. I don't. When I say Companion I mean the Companion guild who send on missions with me sometimes. They make a fkn racket.

Few small things about the game I've noticed that are sorta annoying

1. Horses are worthless. The speed difference, at least ont he PC version, is negligible. Barely faster than just running. Plus, if you get attacked you can't fight from your horse - you have to get off. Then, once you do get off the stupid animal charges whatever was attacking you and gets fucking owned. Bye 1,000 gold.

2. Vendors don't have enough money. Even when I buy a vendor dry of his Ingots for instance, I sell all the shit I craft and sometimes they still have like 5-6k left on them when I'm done... I leave, come back, and they're ass broke again and can't buy shit.

3. Magic system I talked about.

4. I don't like that you can only add 1 personal marker on the map. Cuz I had to make a .jpg and mark Ore Veins. Be cool if I could just add more than 1 personal label.

Small stuff. Game is fucking great though. Everybody who asks me about it, I tell them to buy it.

I've been on a horse twice, both I stole. Maybe 5 minutes total. I agree there especially with fast travel. I don't mine ore much so no bigger for me.

Back