Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Eldred DFA'd

they should give him the same chance they gave Sizemore,Rhymes etc... 5 games with his minor league numbers is just not long enough.imo

they should give him the same chance they gave Sizemore,Rhymes etc... 5 games with his minor league numbers is just not long enough.imo

If we end up getting absolutely nothing for him then I think it will go down as being...

stupid...

If we end up getting absolutely nothing for him then I think it will go down as being...

stupid...

It's doubtful anybody will claim him, but if they do it will, without doubt, go down as being....

irrelevant.

Seriously people, the guy is a AAAA player.

He can't hit, and provides no value other than with his bat.

He's 31 years old and has never had success, not one organization has felt he had a shot of contributing for a long period at the ML level, he's an organizational filler guy, always has been, always will be.

I disagree with the fast DFA.. I just does not feel it is right... I hope he gets another shot somewhere... I would much prefer Eldred on the club over Young right now but I guess we have to try and get something for young..

Last edited:
I disagree with the fast DFA.. I just does not feel it is right... I hope he gets another shot somewhere... I would much prefer Eldred on the club over Young right now but I guess we have to try and get something for young..

I guess they could have kept him and sent down Worth, but it's obvious they're not going to use him, might as well give him the chance to catch with someone else.

And as much as I hate Delmon, (alot); he's 5 times the player Eldred is. I get that everyone wants to pull for the 31 year old guy, but the fact is he's just not that good.

I guess they could have kept him and sent down Worth, but it's obvious they're not going to use him, might as well give him the chance to catch with someone else.

And as much as I hate Delmon, (alot); he's 5 times the player Eldred is. I get that everyone wants to pull for the 31 year old guy, but the fact is he's just not that good.

Is Delmon 5 times as good as anyone?

Raburn is 31, maybe its his turn to be DFA'd. .379 OPS says he is DFA worthy.

He doesn't always go gang busters in the second half. And even if he does, it won't make up for his piss poor first half.

He doesn't always go gang busters in the second half. And even if he does, it won't make up for his piss poor first half.

2009 second half OPS: .933 :nod:

2010 second half OPS: .900 :nod:

2011 second half OPS: .967 :nod:

It might not make up for his piss poor first half, but come July/August he's probably a top 3 hitter on the team. :hitter:

Back