Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Election Aftermath

So, now they were just "following orders"? That's got to be the worst way to ask for a pardon from a President trying to not get responsibility pinned on him.

A Texas real-estate agent who flew on a private jet to join the Capitol riot has asked Trump for a pardon, saying she was only following his orders
https://www.businessinsider.com/jenna-ryan-asks-trump-pardon-for-joining-capitol-riot-2021-1

?QAnon shaman? was following Trump?s orders and deserves a pardon, his lawyer says
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/01...orders-and-deserves-a-pardon-his-lawyer-says/

Last edited:
Trump gave no such orders they were following a CIA psyop IMO useful idiots on both sides of the spectrum

In other news Rick Grenel says Susan Rice will be the shadow president. He’s probably right

Last edited:
So did Trump incite a riot/insurrection, or are these people as batshit insane as some think?

I think he's ultimately responsible, but very indirectly. It's not like "who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?" It's years of "This meddlesome priest is an enemy of the people and you won't have a country anymore if he isn't stopped."

I think he's ultimately responsible, but very indirectly. It's not like "who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?" It's years of "This meddlesome priest is an enemy of the people and you won't have a country anymore if he isn't stopped."

I meant that more as a rhetorical question for the "Trump didn't incite anything and isn't responsible for violence if it happened / his supporters are all reasonable people / nothing violent happened anyway / if I don't watch video evidence of violence it doesn't exist / you're stupid and dumb and gay and always resorting to name calling because you have no argument to refute my superior logic" crowd.

If trump is guilty of incitement so is mad Maxine IMO. In fact her words were far more full of incitement from the summer of 18 IMO

There's already a lot of speculation that the Capitol Building riots were an inside job, from such lunatic, fringe organizations like the FBI and the selected members of House of Representatives.

But 9/11? That was 19 guys with box cutters.

If trump is guilty of incitement so is mad Maxine IMO. In fact her words were far more full of incitement from the summer of 18 IMO

What?d she say during the summer of ?18?

Her language almost 30 years was pretty incendiary.

There's already a lot of speculation that the Capitol Building riots were an inside job, from such lunatic, fringe organizations like the FBI and the selected members of House of Representatives.

But 9/11? That was 19 guys with box cutters.

In the future these views will be considered dangerous to the state, in fact that future is pretty much already here. Social credit score cancel culture cancelled.

Comply!

Last edited:
Is it near Chelsea Lumber?

Further up Main by the Jiffy plant.

If you're looking for ways to "make up for it"/send it to the people picking up the slack, do curbside pickup for groceries and food and such and tip heavy. Some places have policies against tipping, but you can leave a tip in the trunk under a paperweight that says "Thank You"

We started using Shipt. We probably tip about $25-40 per order. About 25%. We don't get takeout/delivery very often or we'd do the same. My wife and I worked in restaurants before and during college. We've always been big on that.

Or he can give it to his mom, as a thank you for all she did for him now that he is in a position to help and she is in a position of need.

:cheers: We've paid about 3 months of her business rent so far. Had to twist her arm to allow that and when she tries to pay it back I will probably have to fight her on that too. I might not win, she's not to be trifled with.

What’d she say during the summer of ‘18?

Her language almost 30 years was pretty incendiary.

Apparently you've never watched hannity? In fact that's a primary reason I stopped watching him he only plays it 5 times a week for the first 15 mins of his show all the damn time. It got to a point were I just couldn't take all his fan flaming anymore playing that damn thing over and over.

Tucker is going to show some of the horrible capital acts of insurrection tonight, tune in 8 pm EST, CNN will probably demand he be cancelled again. That Q shaman guy is an idiot.

Last edited:
I meant that more as a rhetorical question for the "Trump didn't incite anything and isn't responsible for violence if it happened / his supporters are all reasonable people / nothing violent happened anyway / if I don't watch video evidence of violence it doesn't exist / you're stupid and dumb and gay and always resorting to name calling because you have no argument to refute my superior logic" crowd.
I think it's a legit tough questions with respect to reactions. How do you legislate or set a social media company policy that could handle what we've just seen? How do you deal with years of lies that would lead batshit crazy people to conclude there's fire in the crowded theater?

We started using Shipt. We probably tip about $25-40 per order. About 25%. We don't get takeout/delivery very often or we'd do the same. My wife and I worked in restaurants before and during college. We've always been big on that.
Never heard of Shipt. But I have heard former waiters are the best tippers.

Never heard of Shipt. But I have heard former waiters are the best tippers.

It's a grocery delivery service. They do more than that I believe, I know they run out of Meijer, Target, and a few other stores. We've only used them through Meijer.

I think it's a legit tough questions with respect to reactions. How do you legislate or set a social media company policy that could handle what we've just seen? How do you deal with years of lies that would lead batshit crazy people to conclude there's fire in the crowded theater?

actually enforcing anti-trust laws, and FTC laws against tech bohemoths would help.

clarifying the Section 230 safeharbor for websites doesn't apply to companies that rank search results based on whether the companies (edit: the companies in the search results) pay for ads, or highlight news stories based on what their newsfeed/ad algorithms decide will generate more clicks?

i.e. you're only in the safeharbor if you truly are a neutral platform, like the host of this message board, not curating posts or content based on revenue, or dubious content guidelines that aren't actually followed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to avoid using tech intermediaries who's only existence is providing a customer interface to allow them to skirt wage & hour laws and employee benefits laws by calling all their workers "contractors."

How is shipt any different?

I've avoided instacart, and grubhub for the same reason.

I do grocery pickup at krogers or just go shopping myself now (using either my one (1) N95 mask or one of the KN95 kinda ones that provide a little better seal than a fabric one).

I also cut out amazon completely... have managed to order directly from manufacturer websites when I need something. I made that commitment in Jan. 2020, and have managed to stay true to it so far, even though getting books through my local independent bookstore requires a longer wait, and is a bit more expensive.

I try to avoid using tech intermediaries who's only existence is providing a customer interface to allow them to skirt wage & hour laws and employee benefits laws by calling all their workers "contractors."

How is shipt any different?

I've avoided instacart, and grubhub for the same reason.

I do grocery pickup at krogers or just go shopping myself now (using either my one (1) N95 mask or one of the KN95 kinda ones that provide a little better seal than a fabric one).

I also cut out amazon completely... have managed to order directly from manufacturer websites when I need something. I made that commitment in Jan. 2020, and have managed to stay true to it so far, even though getting books through my local independent bookstore requires a longer wait, and is a bit more expensive.

I love Amazon, grub hub, instacart, uber, pizza delivery guys, the people that cut my hair, waitresses, bartenders, etc. Anybody or anything that makes my life easier, I'll support. I just give them generous tips (not Amazon) which is better than being called an employee and paying taxes.

I love Amazon, grub hub, instacart, uber, pizza delivery guys, the people that cut my hair, waitresses, bartenders, etc. Anybody or anything that makes my life easier, I'll support. I just give them generous tips (not Amazon) which is better than being called an employee and paying taxes.

oh, I like them too, just don't like large tech companies pretending they're "changing the world" or whatever kinda marketing pitch they use to cover up the fact that they're as greedy and lawless as any other large company.

I also tip well. 20% minimum.

oh, I like them too, just don't like large tech companies pretending they're "changing the world" or whatever kinda marketing pitch they use to cover up the fact that they're as greedy and lawless as any other large company.

The more virtuous a company claims to be, the more corrupt it is, IMO. I get incensed when large companies state "we're with you". I've been in those conversations with several global corporations and there's very little that is "organic" or "sincere" about them.

Back